I’m just posting this to alert visitors / readers that this site is no longer regularly updated. I’m rather fond of the Meeja Law logo/banner by Drawnalism (even if it is an inappropriate use of a gavel; one might say the same for the fountain pen) and intend to keep the site up for now. Many, if not most, of the linked external sites are still in operation so I hope this site remains a useful resource. I still retain a keen interest in media law and journalism, but these days have shifted/widened my research to include information/communication law, policy and practice. You can follow me @jtownend on Twitter. Like the site, @meejalaw hasn’t been updated for a while. Thank you very much to all those who followed and contributed to this site in its more active days…
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Immigration and asylum legal support issues in Brighton - one reason for taking part in the Brighton #legalwalk twitter.com/JusticeGap/sta… 1 day ago
- Good to be at @UoW_CAMRI event on media and elections in Africa with @idil_osman @ivorgaber @HayesMabweazara @ssampaiodias @WinsMan 1 day ago
- Plenty for #infolaw ppl to scrutinize in months ahead w. a Data Protection Bill and a Commission for Countering Extremism in Queen's Speech 1 day ago
- A Courts Bill in the Queen's Speech @PenelopeGibbs2 @seethrujustice @JusticeGap. how much of Prisons and Courts Bill will it replicate? 1 day ago
- Lack of local legal asylum and immigration support - 1 reason we are walking Brighton #legalwalk @SussexLaw… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 2 years ago