I’m just posting this to alert visitors / readers that this site is no longer regularly updated. I’m rather fond of the Meeja Law logo/banner by Drawnalism (even if it is an inappropriate use of a gavel; one might say the same for the fountain pen) and intend to keep the site up for now. Many, if not most, of the linked external sites are still in operation so I hope this site remains a useful resource. I still retain a keen interest in media law and journalism, but these days have shifted/widened my research to include information/communication law, policy and practice. You can follow me @jtownend on Twitter. Like the site, @meejalaw hasn’t been updated for a while. Thank you very much to all those who followed and contributed to this site in its more active days…
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @openDemocracy: 🔴 We’ve just won a three-year transparency battle against Michael Gove’s department bit.ly/3w3B9zd 5 days ago
- RT @LucyCWelsh: We're v. grateful for the @ccrcupdate's detailed consideration of - and general agreement with - our @sussexlaw @sussexsoc… 5 days ago
- In this thread, @kirkkorner (despite obstacles) discusses the limits of Single Justice Procedure - for the justice… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- nuanced post by @robertsharp59 on defamation stats - he attributes Lachaux to the temporary rise in cases while ack… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- indeed! still greedy for more data but CE File access is an improvement "Those of us with an interest in the kind a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 5 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 6 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 6 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 6 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 6 years ago