I’m just posting this to alert visitors / readers that this site is no longer regularly updated. I’m rather fond of the Meeja Law logo/banner by Drawnalism (even if it is an inappropriate use of a gavel; one might say the same for the fountain pen) and intend to keep the site up for now. Many, if not most, of the linked external sites are still in operation so I hope this site remains a useful resource. I still retain a keen interest in media law and journalism, but these days have shifted/widened my research to include information/communication law, policy and practice. You can follow me @jtownend on Twitter. Like the site, @meejalaw hasn’t been updated for a while. Thank you very much to all those who followed and contributed to this site in its more active days…
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @plashmar: Media Show’s Steve Hewlett highlights his part in the MI5 vetting of BBC story in… paullashmar.com/2016/10/16/med… https://t.co/rE3Mc… 1 week ago
- RT @BBCPM: .@steve_hewlett is giving us regular updates on his cancer treatment. He's back this afternoon. Catch up here: https://t.co/DWKY… 1 week ago
- fascinating stuff from @plashmar @SussexLaw today - investigative journalist's perspective on media law & power/sta… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 1 week ago
- RT @Maggotlaw: A welcome display of transparency and open justice. More like this, please. @seethrujustice @JTownend @TheICLR @openlaws htt… 1 week ago
- RT @Greg_Callus: @Greg_Callus The Gvt draft of #IPBill meant tort was limited to unlawful interception *by the controller of the comms netw… 1 week ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 12 months ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 1 year ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 1 year ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 1 year ago