I’m just posting this to alert visitors / readers that this site is no longer regularly updated. I’m rather fond of the Meeja Law logo/banner by Drawnalism (even if it is an inappropriate use of a gavel; one might say the same for the fountain pen) and intend to keep the site up for now. Many, if not most, of the linked external sites are still in operation so I hope this site remains a useful resource. I still retain a keen interest in media law and journalism, but these days have shifted/widened my research to include information/communication law, policy and practice. You can follow me @jtownend on Twitter. Like the site, @meejalaw hasn’t been updated for a while. Thank you very much to all those who followed and contributed to this site in its more active days…
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Here's the gov.uk story bit.ly/2yxGku7 and consultation page bit.ly/2yxGkKD #HEfreedomofspeech twitter.com/JTownend/statu… 3 days ago
- No sign of official announcement on @JoJohnsonUK or HE minister pgs bit.ly/2yydk5z / bit.ly/2yyi7UF #HEfreedomofspeech 3 days ago
- where is official announcement, or only via Times (paywalled)? Too important not to have widely available to public… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Seem a rather different direction of travel from introduction of new #Prevent event policies - how do these fit in? twitter.com/heather_prkr/s… 3 days ago
- v. problematic - given that no platform policies generally student unions / NUS - heavyhanded enforcement not a way… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 2 years ago