Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- useful thread - @TanyaVPalmer considers #ussstrike Action Short of a Strike incl. working to contract [… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @ucu: Sally Hunt writing for the @Telegraph: Strike action on this scale has never been seen before on campuses. To avoid being seen as… 1 day ago
- I agree this needs attention: where is judicial independence if court processes hosted on gov.uk?… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Many of my #infolaw colleagues have signed this excellent letter raising serious concerns for immigration rights in… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Would be great to see @SussexUni added to this list, @adamtickell. twitter.com/ucu/status/966… 1 day ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 3 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 3 years ago
Tag Archives: defamation reform
The Defamation Act 2013 is now in force. In a press release the government claims it “reverses the chilling effect on freedom of expression current libel law has allowed, and the prevention of legitimate debate we have seen in the … Continue reading