Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @SussCIGR: For #SussexSalon tomorrow - do share your latest #disinformation #fakenews research too @dcampbell_iptv @clarehoban @JTownend… 1 hour ago
- RT @ChrisTMarsden: My latest with @1Br0wn @trishajuleen on #disinformation #AIregulation and #platformlaw "Platform values and democratic e… 1 hour ago
- RT @NatalieByrom: "Online courts offer opportunities for enhanced efficiency in the delivery of public services...But the new systems have… 4 hours ago
- RT @DrJoGrady: All my thoughts and solidarity to demonstrators in Hong Kong, particularly staff and students at PolyU and CUHK. This is ter… 11 hours ago
- this project looks like an excellent initiative [ bbc.com/aboutthebbc/re…]. Hope it will lead to diversification of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 years ago
Monthly Archives: January 2014
Upcoming event, 24 January 2014, Oxford: The challenges of citizen journalism – Technology and the law
I’m off to Oxford on Friday for this event hosted by The Programme in Comparative Media Law and Policy: The challenges of citizen journalism: Technology and the law. According to the details on the website all are welcome to attend. … Continue reading
MLDI is currently advertising for a legal officer. Here’s the information: Based in London, we work worldwide through a network of partner organisations and individual lawyers. We have cases pending before various national courts as well as at international human … Continue reading
The Defamation Act 2013 is now in force. In a press release the government claims it “reverses the chilling effect on freedom of expression current libel law has allowed, and the prevention of legitimate debate we have seen in the … Continue reading