Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @NUJofficial: #NUJ launches local news matters week of action today - nuj.org.uk/news/local-new… #localnewsmatters #media #Ireland #England… 1 day ago
- RT @Sanchia7: Drive for family court transparency a 'limited success' - BBC News @Familoo @julie_doughty @CathyAshley https://t.co/EOi3Q8z… 1 day ago
- RT @MajorFamilyLaw: BBC News - Drive for family court transparency a 'limited success' bbc.co.uk/news/education… 1 day ago
- RT @EUwhistleblower: 📣Shout out to #ECPMF @ #CoE Sign your support for EU-wide #whistleblower protection #DialogueECtHR #WhistleEU #ECHR h… 1 day ago
- this looks great, sorry not to be there! HT @TechJust twitter.com/MediaEu/status… 1 day ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 2 years ago
Monthly Archives: August 2010
I’m currently doing a bit of reading around the openness of courts and legal data, and have really enjoyed Heather Brooke’s chapter on ‘Secret Justice’ in her second book (hat-tip: Jack of Kent for alerting me to her research on … Continue reading
I’ve spent a lot of today trawling through some very ugly legal web pages, as part of my RSS reader spring clean. The MoJ website, with various feeds and email alerts, is actually a breath of fresh air compared to … Continue reading
I am collecting information about UK-based independent online publishers/writers and their interaction with English media law. I’m particularly interested in the thoughts and experiences of hyperlocal news publishers. Continue reading