Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @hawktalk_blog: The Immigration exemption in new #DPBill works to make it even harder to establish a right to remain; this exemption was… 1 day ago
- RT @JolyonMaugham: Sitting in the Court of Appeal in Amsterdam. Four judges, three women. 1 day ago
- glad someone has set this out clearly! twitter.com/FoIManUK/statu… 1 day ago
- RT @jamesofputney: Interesting on the work of the Lord Chancellor's Advisory Panel for Archives. I'd also recommend this @UkNatArchives doc… 1 day ago
- RT @ameliagentleman: Interesting to see whether Grenada PM takes up case of #Windrush citizen Dexter Bristol (in UK 49 years, sacked for no… 1 day ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 3 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 3 years ago
Monthly Archives: March 2014
The Society of Legal Scholars has opened its call for papers for the Media & Communications section of the 2014 SLS Annual Conference, to be held at the University of Nottingham from 9th – 12th September. Full details can be … Continue reading