Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to:
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Look forward to engaging with @JudiciaryUK on these issues in the autumn / @sussexlaw @inforrm @UKOpenJustice… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 days ago
- The @seethrujustice submission by me, @Maggotlaw & @julie_doughty noted for "detailed discussion" on privacy injun… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 days ago
- On privacy injunction data: "..responses are unequivocal & overwhelming ... on the importance of the scheme & its… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 days ago
- RT @seethrujustice: The consultation response on behalf of the Transparency Project by @JTownend @Maggotlaw & @julie_doughty is here: https… 5 days ago
- RT @davidallengreen: This is the @cpsuk charging decision on #Hillsborough cps.gov.uk/news/latest_ne… Worth reading in full. Commendable det… 6 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 2 years ago
Monthly Archives: March 2013
With everything that is going on, there’s almost enough material for a daily round up, but for a summary of the week that was see this Law and Media Round Up – 25 March 2013 on Inforrm’s Blog. There will … Continue reading
The University of Portsmouth is seeking applicants for a funded PhD on corporations and defamation – looks like a fascinating project! The full project title is: “The Defamation of Companies: Free Speech, Public Protection and the Economic Consequences of False … Continue reading
Here is yesterday’s Law and Media Round Up (18 March 2013), but things have moved on since then, of course, with the publication of the cross-party agreed Draft Royal Charter on Self-Regulation of the Press and amendments made to the … Continue reading
Yesterday’s round up, with listings for the week ahead can be found on Inforrm’s Blog.
My name is among the signatories of this open letter written in protest at the measures proposed in the Justice and Security Bill, which has reached its report stage and third reading in the House of Commons. For more background … Continue reading
This week’s round up, at Inforrm’s Blog. Contempt, defamation, court documents, data protection and more…