Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @Maggotlaw: Here is @seethrujustice written ev, by me @julie_doughty and @JTownend - data.parliament.uk/writtenevidenc… 1 week ago
- among the signatories, @sussexlaw #infolaw colleagues @ChrisTMarsden @technollama and me. a warning against ill-con… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- I'm among signatories to this twitter.com/creativecommon… 1 month ago
- RT @jessbrammar: 339 people with Caribbean heritage applied for the UK Civil Service Fast-track scheme in 2016. Not a single one got in. Wo… 1 month ago
- RT @JoshuaRozenberg: Ipso challenge fails: judiciary.gov.uk/judgments/jona… 1 month ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 3 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 3 years ago
Tag Archives: justice and security bill
Yesterday’s round up, with listings for the week ahead can be found on Inforrm’s Blog. Advertisements
My name is among the signatories of this open letter written in protest at the measures proposed in the Justice and Security Bill, which has reached its report stage and third reading in the House of Commons. For more background … Continue reading
By Lawrence McNamara With the Justice and Security Bill due soon, some interesting issues are arising around the use of closed material proceedings in Employment Tribunals. Under Rule 54 of the regulations that govern procedure, closed proceedings and the exclusion … Continue reading