Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @BrightonSanct: We are very proud that @SussexUni has been recognised as a #UniversityofSanctuary . Looking forward to the day when we c… 10 hours ago
- so delighted this has come together, despite unexpected circumstances this term. proud of both the status and the a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- RT @macsithigh: And @JTownend's tweet re Positive Free Speech collection - arises out of a visionary event by @LSEMediaPaL @AndrewKenyon1 (… 10 hours ago
- I thought Amazon's algorithms would have been more sophisticated than that. and should be top ten for media law at… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- RT @macsithigh: On account of not spending much time on social media of late, a short thread of retweets re new books from friends: @paulwr… 10 hours ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 5 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 5 years ago
Tag Archives: data protection
This week’s round up, at Inforrm’s Blog. Contempt, defamation, court documents, data protection and more…