Here is yesterday’s Law and Media Round Up (18 March 2013), but things have moved on since then, of course, with the publication of the cross-party agreed Draft Royal Charter on Self-Regulation of the Press and amendments made to the Crime and Courts Bill [PDF]. Major newspapers are yet to decide if they will join.
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- essential pre-Salon reading, I would think... @dcampbell_iptv @technollama @RunMrb @sampower @EmmaLBriant… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- RT @SussCIGR: For #SussexSalon tomorrow - do share your latest #disinformation #fakenews research too @dcampbell_iptv @clarehoban @JTownend… 11 hours ago
- RT @ChrisTMarsden: My latest with @1Br0wn @trishajuleen on #disinformation #AIregulation and #platformlaw "Platform values and democratic e… 11 hours ago
- RT @NatalieByrom: "Online courts offer opportunities for enhanced efficiency in the delivery of public services...But the new systems have… 14 hours ago
- RT @DrJoGrady: All my thoughts and solidarity to demonstrators in Hong Kong, particularly staff and students at PolyU and CUHK. This is ter… 21 hours ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 years ago