Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- this project looks like an excellent initiative [ bbc.com/aboutthebbc/re…]. Hope it will lead to diversification of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- I think this initiative looks fascinating and I'm intrigued/impressed by the model. Nice research job opportunities… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- 57 unis due to strike over pay, casualisation, equality & workloads from 25 Nov. According @ucu mean hourly wage 15… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
- Petition via @fawcettsociety Incoming Prime Minister: Stop pay discrimination: Give women the #RightToKnow… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- RT @fawcettsociety: Pay discrimination thrives on secrecy. Nearly 50 yrs since the Equal Pay Act made it unlawful, isn't it time we ended i… 1 day ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 years ago
Tag Archives: oxford
Upcoming event, 24 January 2014, Oxford: The challenges of citizen journalism – Technology and the law
I’m off to Oxford on Friday for this event hosted by The Programme in Comparative Media Law and Policy: The challenges of citizen journalism: Technology and the law. According to the details on the website all are welcome to attend. … Continue reading
Twenty-seven teams from 18 different countries gathered in Oxford last week to compete in the fourth Monroe E. Price International Media Law Moot Court Competition organised by the Programme in Comparative Media Law & Policy at the Centre for Socio-Legal Studies, … Continue reading