Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to:
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Look forward to engaging with @JudiciaryUK on these issues in the autumn / @sussexlaw @inforrm @UKOpenJustice… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 days ago
- The @seethrujustice submission by me, @Maggotlaw & @julie_doughty noted for "detailed discussion" on privacy injun… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 days ago
- On privacy injunction data: "..responses are unequivocal & overwhelming ... on the importance of the scheme & its… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 days ago
- RT @seethrujustice: The consultation response on behalf of the Transparency Project by @JTownend @Maggotlaw & @julie_doughty is here: https… 5 days ago
- RT @davidallengreen: This is the @cpsuk charging decision on #Hillsborough cps.gov.uk/news/latest_ne… Worth reading in full. Commendable det… 6 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 2 years ago
Tag Archives: citizen journalism
Upcoming event, 24 January 2014, Oxford: The challenges of citizen journalism – Technology and the law
I’m off to Oxford on Friday for this event hosted by The Programme in Comparative Media Law and Policy: The challenges of citizen journalism: Technology and the law. According to the details on the website all are welcome to attend. … Continue reading
Damian Radcliffe conducted the UK’s first review of hyperlocal media, published by NESTA in March 2012, which touched on some of the legal and regulatory issues for small local websites. He has now returned to regulation and law in more … Continue reading