Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @TeduardoJones: Donate so #Brighton's @cowleyclub can do urgent repairs to fix its roof: chuffed.org/project/lets-r… They host: 👩🏾🏫Engli… 3 days ago
- v important thread on HMCTS spend on private consultancy twitter.com/PenelopeGibbs2… 3 days ago
- RT @louisetickle: "Don't be shy, Mr Bowen" - new blogpost with, tadaaaa... the full transcript of the appeal against an unlawful reporting… 3 days ago
- RT @BarristerSecret: This is so well deserved. @emilydugan has shone a light into the corners of the justice system that the Ministry of Ju… 4 days ago
- RT @LucyCWelsh: The award winning @SussexLaw clinical legal education team (missing a couple of valuable contributors) #goteam https://t.co… 4 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 3 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 years ago
Category Archives: jobs
MLDI is currently advertising for a legal officer. Here’s the information: Based in London, we work worldwide through a network of partner organisations and individual lawyers. We have cases pending before various national courts as well as at international human … Continue reading
Two very interesting vacancies that may be of interest to Meeja Law’s readers; one academic, one journalistic. Post-doctoral research officer, PCMLP, Centre for Socio-Legal Studies, University of Oxford “The Programme in Comparative Media Law and Policy (PCMLP) seeks to appoint … Continue reading