Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to:
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Look forward to engaging with @JudiciaryUK on these issues in the autumn / @sussexlaw @inforrm @UKOpenJustice… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 days ago
- The @seethrujustice submission by me, @Maggotlaw & @julie_doughty noted for "detailed discussion" on privacy injun… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 days ago
- On privacy injunction data: "..responses are unequivocal & overwhelming ... on the importance of the scheme & its… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 days ago
- RT @seethrujustice: The consultation response on behalf of the Transparency Project by @JTownend @Maggotlaw & @julie_doughty is here: https… 5 days ago
- RT @davidallengreen: This is the @cpsuk charging decision on #Hillsborough cps.gov.uk/news/latest_ne… Worth reading in full. Commendable det… 6 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 2 years ago
Category Archives: jobs
MLDI is currently advertising for a legal officer. Here’s the information: Based in London, we work worldwide through a network of partner organisations and individual lawyers. We have cases pending before various national courts as well as at international human … Continue reading
Two very interesting vacancies that may be of interest to Meeja Law’s readers; one academic, one journalistic. Post-doctoral research officer, PCMLP, Centre for Socio-Legal Studies, University of Oxford “The Programme in Comparative Media Law and Policy (PCMLP) seeks to appoint … Continue reading