Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @MassObsArchive: Mass Observation wants you to document #COVID19. How is the #coronavirus & #lockdown affecting you? Record your experie… 18 hours ago
- RT @Barristerblog: Lessons for open justice from the Marie Dinou case. barristerblogger.com/2020/04/07/les… 18 hours ago
- In 2010 journalists given permission to live-tweet from Assange bail hearing at Westminster Mags'. Not first exampl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 hours ago
- will there be any centralised court data collection on Coronavirus-related prosecutions (esp. for new offences) for… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 hours ago
- RT @kirkkorner: Single Justice Procedure cases were suspended 19 days ago, it's been belatedly announced. It doesn't explain why 100s of ca… 19 hours ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 5 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 5 years ago
Tag Archives: jobs
MLDI is currently advertising for a legal officer. Here’s the information: Based in London, we work worldwide through a network of partner organisations and individual lawyers. We have cases pending before various national courts as well as at international human … Continue reading