Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Here's the gov.uk story bit.ly/2yxGku7 and consultation page bit.ly/2yxGkKD #HEfreedomofspeech twitter.com/JTownend/statu… 3 days ago
- No sign of official announcement on @JoJohnsonUK or HE minister pgs bit.ly/2yydk5z / bit.ly/2yyi7UF #HEfreedomofspeech 3 days ago
- where is official announcement, or only via Times (paywalled)? Too important not to have widely available to public… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- Seem a rather different direction of travel from introduction of new #Prevent event policies - how do these fit in? twitter.com/heather_prkr/s… 3 days ago
- v. problematic - given that no platform policies generally student unions / NUS - heavyhanded enforcement not a way… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Category Archives: promotion
Event promotion IBC Legal Presents the 21st Annual Defamation & Privacy 2014 20th May 2014, London For full details and to register visit: http://www.ibclegal.com/FKW82452MJLB Agenda here: http://www.ibclegal.com/FKW82452MJLB Speakers include: • Andrew Caldecott QC, Head of Chambers, One Brick Court … Continue reading
Promotion Upcoming conference, 17th September 2013, Millennium Knightsbridge Hotel, London, UK The ultimate review of key developments in the field of media law, featuring analysis of the impact of recent cases, such as: Leveson, Axel Springer/ Von Hannover (No.2) and Spelman v Express Newspapers. … Continue reading
Promotion IBC Legal’s 20th Anniversary Defamation & Privacy Conference the future of press regulation in the wake of Leveson and the phone hacking scandal the Defamation bill; strengths, weaknesses and what to expect CPD accredited Speakers: Ian Hislop, Editor, Private … Continue reading
Meeja Law is pleased to be supporting JUSTICE’s upcoming defamation and freedom of expression event on 20 November 2012. JUSTICE, a law reform and human rights charitable organisation, will be exploring developments in libel, privacy and freedom of expression online … Continue reading