Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- a migration law clinic will be added from 2018/19 twitter.com/londonlegal/st… 1 week ago
- RT @BrightonSanct: Hoping you will join us for #sanctuaryinparliament on 12 November @CarolineLucas @peterkyle @lloyd_rm https://t.co/xpG85… 1 week ago
- RT @stevenjbarnett: Why charity law should be reformed to help fund public interest journalism, by me and @JTownend: https://t.co/cmO9mdLGR… 3 weeks ago
- RT @MonidipaFouzder: Charity @seethrujustice has long campaigned for this. Says journalists' role in holding the justice system to account… 4 weeks ago
- RT @OneBrickCourt: Pilot scheme beginning 1 October will permit legal bloggers to attend family court hearings in addition to duly accredit… 4 weeks ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 3 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 3 years ago
Category Archives: promotion
Event promotion IBC Legal Presents the 21st Annual Defamation & Privacy 2014 20th May 2014, London For full details and to register visit: http://www.ibclegal.com/FKW82452MJLB Agenda here: http://www.ibclegal.com/FKW82452MJLB Speakers include: • Andrew Caldecott QC, Head of Chambers, One Brick Court … Continue reading
Promotion Upcoming conference, 17th September 2013, Millennium Knightsbridge Hotel, London, UK The ultimate review of key developments in the field of media law, featuring analysis of the impact of recent cases, such as: Leveson, Axel Springer/ Von Hannover (No.2) and Spelman v Express Newspapers. … Continue reading
Promotion IBC Legal’s 20th Anniversary Defamation & Privacy Conference the future of press regulation in the wake of Leveson and the phone hacking scandal the Defamation bill; strengths, weaknesses and what to expect CPD accredited Speakers: Ian Hislop, Editor, Private … Continue reading
Meeja Law is pleased to be supporting JUSTICE’s upcoming defamation and freedom of expression event on 20 November 2012. JUSTICE, a law reform and human rights charitable organisation, will be exploring developments in libel, privacy and freedom of expression online … Continue reading