Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Well done @dee_knipe for gathering data on this overlooked issue, with implications for female career progression.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- RT @USSU: The Students' Union has been made aware of students experiencing racism, hate crime and discrimination both on campus and in town… 6 days ago
- RT @lemnsissay: On Brighton beach pebbles shuffle And seagulls scatter over Regency Square And on the promenade a couple Lift from the g… 6 days ago
- RT @rosenbaum6: Info Commissioner has ruled ( bit.ly/37n6gsc) that #Heathrow Airport is subject to the Environmental Info Regs & so… 6 days ago
- A lot of sense in here! esp that while privacy and transparency can be in tension, they're not necessarily fundamen… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 5 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 5 years ago
Tag Archives: IBC Legal’s 7th Annual Social Media & the Law 2013
Media partnership / promotion Event: IBC Legal’s 7th Annual Social Media & the Law 2013 – navigating the legal challenges of exploiting social media and user-generated content Date: 28th November 2013, Millennium Knightsbridge Hotel, London Registration: For full details and … Continue reading →