Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @EndCorruptionUK: #Openjustice workstream for civil society to develop a concrete commitment for the next Open Government action plan 2p… 1 week ago
- RT @seethrujustice: Covid-19 and the courts – The House of Lords Constitution Committee’s report | The Transparency Project. New on the blo… 4 weeks ago
- RT @ShehabKhan: The govt commissioned report on race and ethnic disparities is published at 11.30am. The interviews with the chair of the… 1 month ago
- RT @EndCorruptionUK: As researchers who have constantly been told we can’t join a hearing or enter a court during the pandemic because we a… 1 month ago
- RT @Maggotlaw: Pleased to see our @seethrujustice submissions on open justice cited in HL Select Committee on the Constitution COVID-19 and… 1 month ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 5 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 6 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 6 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 6 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 6 years ago
Tag Archives: ibc legal
Event promotion IBC Legal Presents the 21st Annual Defamation & Privacy 2014 20th May 2014, London For full details and to register visit: http://www.ibclegal.com/FKW82452MJLB Agenda here: http://www.ibclegal.com/FKW82452MJLB Speakers include: • Andrew Caldecott QC, Head of Chambers, One Brick Court … Continue reading
Promotion Upcoming conference, 17th September 2013, Millennium Knightsbridge Hotel, London, UK The ultimate review of key developments in the field of media law, featuring analysis of the impact of recent cases, such as: Leveson, Axel Springer/ Von Hannover (No.2) and Spelman v Express Newspapers. … Continue reading
Promotion IBC Legal’s 20th Anniversary Defamation & Privacy Conference the future of press regulation in the wake of Leveson and the phone hacking scandal the Defamation bill; strengths, weaknesses and what to expect CPD accredited Speakers: Ian Hislop, Editor, Private … Continue reading
Meeja Law is supporting IBC Legal’s 18th annual Defamation & Privacy conference, which is coming up next week: 15th March 2011 Holiday Inn Bloomsbury, London It is, IBC says, for media lawyers “who need to be on top of recent developments … Continue reading