Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- also, updated section on open justice in the guidance on telephone and video hearings: gov.uk/guidance/hmcts… twitter.com/JTownend/statu… 44 minutes ago
- Open justice arrangements at the "priority" courts mentioned in @HMCTSgovuk 27/3 statement: gov.uk/government/new…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- RT @sussexucu: Following 'Financial Review Guidelines' sent to Heads of School & others last week, the three campus unions @SussexUCU @Suss… 6 hours ago
- RT @Maggotlaw: This seems a welcome development. We need to monitor and learn about and from what is happening. @JTownend @seethrujustice @… 7 hours ago
- Looks potentially v. useful; ideally, should provide space for the thorny issues and variety of perspectives (e.g.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 5 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 5 years ago
Tag Archives: defamation and privacy 2014
Event promotion IBC Legal Presents the 21st Annual Defamation & Privacy 2014 20th May 2014, London For full details and to register visit: http://www.ibclegal.com/FKW82452MJLB Agenda here: http://www.ibclegal.com/FKW82452MJLB Speakers include: • Andrew Caldecott QC, Head of Chambers, One Brick Court … Continue reading