Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- for our @SussexLaw @The_LEF "justice system data" project, @CassandraWiener & I wish to speak to ppl in Ireland & C… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 hours ago
- RT @renireni: This project was initially pitched to a big podcasting company but they said it was too 'broccoli'. So we made this by oursel… 19 hours ago
- RT @stevenpoole: already done! theguardian.com/books/2019/feb… twitter.com/JTownend/statu… 19 hours ago
- highly recommended! twitter.com/AngelaDSaini/s… 19 hours ago
- sounds like a potential candidate for @stevenpoole @guardian word of the week column theguardian.com/books/2020/may… twitter.com/Livingstone_S/… 19 hours ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 5 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 5 years ago
Tag Archives: defamation and privacy 2014
Event promotion IBC Legal Presents the 21st Annual Defamation & Privacy 2014 20th May 2014, London For full details and to register visit: http://www.ibclegal.com/FKW82452MJLB Agenda here: http://www.ibclegal.com/FKW82452MJLB Speakers include: • Andrew Caldecott QC, Head of Chambers, One Brick Court … Continue reading