Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @EmmaMeese: Despite months of asking, I still don’t understand why @GOVUK has invested £35million in saving printed news publications, w… 38 minutes ago
- RT @reformthinktank: . @NatalieByrom says county and district courts not equipped for virtual hearings, yet we're 4 years into digital tran… 39 minutes ago
- RT @reformthinktank: ➡️ Havent heard anything from Gov about equality impact of romote hearings ➡️ Need better info about what works for wh… 40 minutes ago
- RT @TheICLR: New guest post on the ICLR.3 blog: HMCTS response to letter on open justice in the COVID-19 emergency - with thanks to @JTowne… 6 hours ago
- RT @Brigid_Fowler: Jacob Rees-Mogg tells #HouseofCommons Intelligence & Security Committee will be set up "in due course". Which is what he… 1 day ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 5 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 5 years ago
Tag Archives: ian hislop
Promotion IBC Legal’s 20th Anniversary Defamation & Privacy Conference the future of press regulation in the wake of Leveson and the phone hacking scandal the Defamation bill; strengths, weaknesses and what to expect CPD accredited Speakers: Ian Hislop, Editor, Private … Continue reading