Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- may interest @bainesy1969 @rachelrlogan @silkiecarlo @GusHosein @DavidErdos @lynskeyo @NoraNiLoideain @javierruiz twitter.com/JTownend/statu… 5 days ago
- Prof Lorna Woods on data retention & Automated Number Plate Recognition (ANPR): A Gap in the Oversight Regime bit.ly/2dgS9dR 5 days ago
- Info/media law academics: @IALS_law @sasnews is seeking a new director for the @infolawcentre at SL/L level: bit.ly/2dgQJA3 5 days ago
- RT @infolawcentre: We are looking for a new director...all the details of how to apply are now online. jobs.london.ac.uk/displayjob.asp… 6 days ago
- on @rights_info @bpplawkatie: Family Law Judgment Written In Plain English So Children Could Understand rightsinfo.org/family-law-jud… 1 week ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 11 months ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 1 year ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 1 year ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: JUSTICE
Meeja Law is pleased to be supporting JUSTICE’s upcoming defamation and freedom of expression event on 20 November 2012. JUSTICE, a law reform and human rights charitable organisation, will be exploring developments in libel, privacy and freedom of expression online … Continue reading