Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to:
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Look forward to engaging with @JudiciaryUK on these issues in the autumn / @sussexlaw @inforrm @UKOpenJustice… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 days ago
- The @seethrujustice submission by me, @Maggotlaw & @julie_doughty noted for "detailed discussion" on privacy injun… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 days ago
- On privacy injunction data: "..responses are unequivocal & overwhelming ... on the importance of the scheme & its… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 days ago
- RT @seethrujustice: The consultation response on behalf of the Transparency Project by @JTownend @Maggotlaw & @julie_doughty is here: https… 5 days ago
- RT @davidallengreen: This is the @cpsuk charging decision on #Hillsborough cps.gov.uk/news/latest_ne… Worth reading in full. Commendable det… 6 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 2 years ago
Tag Archives: law commission
Amid concerns over proposed changes to the Contempt of Act 1981, through the Criminal Justice and Courts Bill, which would introduce new statutory powers for the removal of online material*, it seems worth highlighting some separate recommendations on contempt and … Continue reading
Here’s the link to this week’s law and media round up on Inforrm’s Blog: on the McAlpine libel cases, the much-anticipated Leveson Inquiry report (due out on Thursday 29 November) and much more …