Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @UKSupremeCourt: It's Open Day! Visit our Grade II listed building & see our courtrooms, exhibition & library bit.ly/2bLdSMn ht… 1 day ago
- post by @DrMichaelEades on @otium_Catulle's Body of Law exhibition at Senate House (a 'mysterious machine') bit.ly/2c7eeL8 1 day ago
- RT @JamieJBartlett: .@terrorwatchdog - often critical of govt - has published his independent review of 'mass surveillance'/bulk powers htt… 1 week ago
- delicious honey from the rooftop @ials_law bees this year! only a few pots left at cafe lex yesterday bit.ly/2bzIAXf 1 week ago
- RT @infolawcentre: We have put together a few dates for your autumn term diary if you are interested in information law and policy: https:/… 2 weeks ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 10 months ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 1 year ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 1 year ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: inforrm
You can find recent law and media round ups at Inforrm’s blog: 10 June 2013 | Inforrm’s Blog 3 June 2013 | Inforrm’s Blog I would also highly recommend another round up on the media law scene, on law and … Continue reading
The Defamation Bill is now coming to the end of its passage through Parliament. On 16 April 2013 it will be back before the Commons on “ping pong”, the stage at which the Commons considers new amendments made by the … Continue reading
This week’s law and media round up at Inforrm’s Blog. I forgot to post the round up for 18 February which can be found here.
This week’s media law round up (for last week), with libel and privacy developments picking up pace, as we move into February… Full round up at this link…
The second media law round up of the year – at Inforrm’s Blog.
My review of the media and legal news for 2012 is now published on the Inforrm blog in three parts: Part 1: January – April Part 2: May – August Part 3: September – December And if you fancy a … Continue reading
Defamation, privacy, phone hacking litigation and media regulation in this week’s Law and Media Round Up, which can be read in full at the Inforrm blog.
Defamation, regulation, and internet policy in this week’s media law round up, including judgments in Cairns v Modi and KC v MGN Ltd ( EWCA Civ 1382) [media summary here, PDF] and Ismail & Anor v News Group Newspapers Ltd … Continue reading
Originally posted on Inforrm's Blog:
The theme of privacy continued to dominate media law discussion last week, as a French court granted an injunction prohibiting further publication of the Duchess of Cambridge photographs in France. Press Gazette reported that…