Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- my piece for @reformthinktank on digital courts reform & missing voices twitter.com/reformthinktan… 4 days ago
- important letter from @puzzlesthewill @GavinFreeguard @JeniT @BobbyDuffyKings @markcridge @HetanShah et al to Gov't… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- RT @BrightonSanct: Welcome proposal that Brighton Council explore how to improve its recruitment of refugees. Part of its ‘Our People Promi… 5 days ago
- RT @NatalieByrom: Twitter hive mind I need your help! Does anyone have any good case studies of when collecting better data on users in the… 5 days ago
- RT @LucyCWelsh: Shout out to @SussexLaw's @yeoldefinch on her teaching to disrupt award for the Art/Law network sussex.ac.uk/news/features/… 1 week ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 3 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 years ago
Tag Archives: inforrm
You can find recent law and media round ups at Inforrm’s blog: 10 June 2013 | Inforrm’s Blog 3 June 2013 | Inforrm’s Blog I would also highly recommend another round up on the media law scene, on law and … Continue reading
The Defamation Bill is now coming to the end of its passage through Parliament. On 16 April 2013 it will be back before the Commons on “ping pong”, the stage at which the Commons considers new amendments made by the … Continue reading
This week’s law and media round up at Inforrm’s Blog. I forgot to post the round up for 18 February which can be found here.
This week’s media law round up (for last week), with libel and privacy developments picking up pace, as we move into February… Full round up at this link…
The second media law round up of the year – at Inforrm’s Blog.
My review of the media and legal news for 2012 is now published on the Inforrm blog in three parts: Part 1: January – April Part 2: May – August Part 3: September – December And if you fancy a … Continue reading
Defamation, privacy, phone hacking litigation and media regulation in this week’s Law and Media Round Up, which can be read in full at the Inforrm blog.
Defamation, regulation, and internet policy in this week’s media law round up, including judgments in Cairns v Modi and KC v MGN Ltd ( EWCA Civ 1382) [media summary here, PDF] and Ismail & Anor v News Group Newspapers Ltd … Continue reading
View original post
View original post