Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @BrightonSanct: Fantastic that @BrightonHoveCC has unanimously passed a motion condemning UK's use of indefinite immigration detention.… 1 day ago
- RT @Maggotlaw: NT1 and NT2 v Google - RTBF case: lot of commentary collecting on the @TheICLR index card iclr.co.uk/ic/2018000875 Free law r… 1 day ago
- RT @Maggotlaw: Journalism, Judges and Justice – a crisis in court reporting? Discussion of @CIoJournalist report on Open Justice via @seeth… 1 day ago
- shld interest @MarkHannaMedia @PenelopeGibbs2 @UKOpenJustice @JoshuaRozenberg @Ed_Owen / some good ideas in report,… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @hawktalk_blog: The Immigration exemption in new #DPBill works to make it even harder to establish a right to remain; this exemption was… 2 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 3 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 3 years ago
Tag Archives: kc v mgn
Defamation, regulation, and internet policy in this week’s media law round up, including judgments in Cairns v Modi and KC v MGN Ltd ( EWCA Civ 1382) [media summary here, PDF] and Ismail & Anor v News Group Newspapers Ltd … Continue reading
This week’s round up, previously posted on the Inforrm blog, features Frankie Boyle’s successful libel case, the BBC fallout out following further allegations about Jimmy Savile and media regulation debated in the House of Lords. Additionally, since the round up … Continue reading