Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @bettermediauk: First point from the floor is from @willperrin arguing again for charitable status for public interest (or, better, bene… 1 week ago
- RT @seethrujustice: Is high quality journalism sustainable? Our evidence to the Cairncross Review [and links to some other submitted respon… 2 weeks ago
- a migration law clinic will be added from 2018/19 twitter.com/londonlegal/st… 1 month ago
- RT @BrightonSanct: Hoping you will join us for #sanctuaryinparliament on 12 November @CarolineLucas @peterkyle @lloyd_rm https://t.co/xpG85… 1 month ago
- RT @stevenjbarnett: Why charity law should be reformed to help fund public interest journalism, by me and @JTownend: https://t.co/cmO9mdLGR… 1 month ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 3 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 3 years ago
Tag Archives: kc v mgn
Defamation, regulation, and internet policy in this week’s media law round up, including judgments in Cairns v Modi and KC v MGN Ltd ( EWCA Civ 1382) [media summary here, PDF] and Ismail & Anor v News Group Newspapers Ltd … Continue reading
This week’s round up, previously posted on the Inforrm blog, features Frankie Boyle’s successful libel case, the BBC fallout out following further allegations about Jimmy Savile and media regulation debated in the House of Lords. Additionally, since the round up … Continue reading