Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @RichMunden: Just a few more days to support the Immigration Exemption challenge from @OpenRightsGroup and @The3Million. Switch off acce… 1 week ago
- RT @henrymance: Theresa May's most senior 14 cabinet ministers are all men https://t.co/4PzlMq6DxP 1 week ago
- RT @infolawcentre: ILPC Annual Conference is just a few months away, which means the Call for Papers is now open! We are looking for contri… 1 week ago
- RT @Maggotlaw: Here is @seethrujustice written ev, by me @julie_doughty and @JTownend - data.parliament.uk/writtenevidenc… 1 month ago
- among the signatories, @sussexlaw #infolaw colleagues @ChrisTMarsden @technollama and me. a warning against ill-con… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 months ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 3 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 3 years ago
Tag Archives: kc v mgn
Defamation, regulation, and internet policy in this week’s media law round up, including judgments in Cairns v Modi and KC v MGN Ltd ( EWCA Civ 1382) [media summary here, PDF] and Ismail & Anor v News Group Newspapers Ltd … Continue reading
This week’s round up, previously posted on the Inforrm blog, features Frankie Boyle’s successful libel case, the BBC fallout out following further allegations about Jimmy Savile and media regulation debated in the House of Lords. Additionally, since the round up … Continue reading