Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- "& public" examples? For non-journalists, remote observation has been impossible at Mags' courts, from evidence I h… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @PenelopeGibbs2: @judiciaryuk the Lord Chief Justice has just said at @commonsjustice to Maria Eagle MP that the public can request to j… 3 days ago
- RT @AdamWagner1: Breaking news: government refuses to back law to protect privacy of people using NHS contact tracing app You can trust us… 3 days ago
- RT @infolawcentre: CALL FOR PAPERS Special issue on 'feminist data protection' @PolicyR invites submissions on the topic of feminist and… 3 days ago
- RT @AlfDubs: I will keep calling on the government to lift the arbitrary cap and give more children sanctuary here. The children still stra… 4 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 5 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 5 years ago
Tag Archives: media law round up
This week’s media law round up (for last week), with libel and privacy developments picking up pace, as we move into February… Full round up at this link…
The second media law round up of the year – at Inforrm’s Blog.
Defamation, regulation, and internet policy in this week’s media law round up, including judgments in Cairns v Modi and KC v MGN Ltd ( EWCA Civ 1382) [media summary here, PDF] and Ismail & Anor v News Group Newspapers Ltd … Continue reading
Inforrm's Blog The theme of privacy continued to dominate media law discussion last week, as a French court granted an injunction prohibiting further publication of the Duchess of Cambridge photographs in France. Press Gazette reported that the editor of the … Continue reading
View original post