This week’s media law round up (for last week), with libel and privacy developments picking up pace, as we move into February…
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Via @guardiannews: Lecturers went on strike over insecure jobs – now we fear coronavirus cuts | Charlotte Morris theguardian.com/education/2020… 1 hour ago
- Many Qs being asked (not least by lawyers) about 1st reported conviction under #CoronavirusAct. Given that public l… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- fear not, there will be academic conferences again! Let's hope fewer restrictions by November. twitter.com/infolawcentre/… 6 hours ago
- RT @ObiterJ: @robinthemint @Barristerblog @lizziedearden Would help if @JudiciaryUK published a report stating exactly what the individual… 7 hours ago
- Legal twitter has Qs about this case & handling of new offences; this highlights paramount importance of transparen… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 5 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 5 years ago