Last Friday I attended an excellent and inspiring presentation by John Sheridan, head of legislation services at the National Archives, at the Open Data Institute. ODI’s Kathryn Corrick has helpfully uploaded both the audio and his presentation. The Indigo Trust has blogged about it here. The key issue that interests me is linking open legislation to open case law, but that is a big and complicated topic, which deserves its own blog post. In the meantime, catch up here with John’s introduction and discussion around ‘legislation as data’:
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @BrightonSanct: Fantastic that @BrightonHoveCC has unanimously passed a motion condemning UK's use of indefinite immigration detention.… 1 day ago
- RT @Maggotlaw: NT1 and NT2 v Google - RTBF case: lot of commentary collecting on the @TheICLR index card iclr.co.uk/ic/2018000875 Free law r… 1 day ago
- RT @Maggotlaw: Journalism, Judges and Justice – a crisis in court reporting? Discussion of @CIoJournalist report on Open Justice via @seeth… 1 day ago
- shld interest @MarkHannaMedia @PenelopeGibbs2 @UKOpenJustice @JoshuaRozenberg @Ed_Owen / some good ideas in report,… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @hawktalk_blog: The Immigration exemption in new #DPBill works to make it even harder to establish a right to remain; this exemption was… 2 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 3 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 3 years ago