Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @openDemocracy: 🔴 We’ve just won a three-year transparency battle against Michael Gove’s department bit.ly/3w3B9zd 5 days ago
- RT @LucyCWelsh: We're v. grateful for the @ccrcupdate's detailed consideration of - and general agreement with - our @sussexlaw @sussexsoc… 5 days ago
- In this thread, @kirkkorner (despite obstacles) discusses the limits of Single Justice Procedure - for the justice… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- nuanced post by @robertsharp59 on defamation stats - he attributes Lachaux to the temporary rise in cases while ack… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- indeed! still greedy for more data but CE File access is an improvement "Those of us with an interest in the kind a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 5 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 6 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 6 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 6 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 6 years ago
Tag Archives: open data
The Ministry of Justice has listed 43 unpublished data-sets that could be opened up for public use. It is part of a public consultation on the National Information Infrastructure (NII), a new initiative for improving government data. The government is … Continue reading
Last Friday I attended an excellent and inspiring presentation by John Sheridan, head of legislation services at the National Archives, at the Open Data Institute. ODI’s Kathryn Corrick has helpfully uploaded both the audio and his presentation. The Indigo Trust … Continue reading
A few quick updates on recent developments relating to open legal data. “Unleashing the potential” The Cabinet Office has published its white paper on open data. Freedom of Information and Re-using Data is covered, which the Guardian summarises here on … Continue reading