Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Well done @dee_knipe for gathering data on this overlooked issue, with implications for female career progression.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- RT @USSU: The Students' Union has been made aware of students experiencing racism, hate crime and discrimination both on campus and in town… 6 days ago
- RT @lemnsissay: On Brighton beach pebbles shuffle And seagulls scatter over Regency Square And on the promenade a couple Lift from the g… 6 days ago
- RT @rosenbaum6: Info Commissioner has ruled ( bit.ly/37n6gsc) that #Heathrow Airport is subject to the Environmental Info Regs & so… 1 week ago
- A lot of sense in here! esp that while privacy and transparency can be in tension, they're not necessarily fundamen… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 5 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 5 years ago
Tag Archives: justice wide open
A few quick updates on recent developments relating to open legal data. “Unleashing the potential” The Cabinet Office has published its white paper on open data. Freedom of Information and Re-using Data is covered, which the Guardian summarises here on … Continue reading
“In the 21st century, open justice should be online justice,” David Banisar, Article 19. The Guardian has succeeded in its legal bid to gain access to court documents in extradition proceedings (listed at the end of this post). The Guardian … Continue reading
Originally posted on Law, Justice and Journalism:
By PA Media Lawyer The press needs to lift its game if the principle of open justice is to be maintained, a senior QC has warned. Part of the rationale for open justice…