Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @SussCIGR: Full programme now available for #CIGR2019 - one cancellation so a ticket available. If you cannot attend, please cancel so t… 3 hours ago
- RT @BitOfALegalGeek: New Guidance, dated yesterday: twitter.com/jamierclarke/s… 23 hours ago
- "Sub-Committee on Disinformation"; starting to sound a bit Ministry of Truth-y ? cc. @moidigital @drhenryirving… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 23 hours ago
- RT @gikii: Gikii London 2019 Call for Papers gikii.org/gikii-london-2… https://t.co/7BC7oWbFYQ 1 day ago
- RT @GreensEP: Great news 💪 #EPlenary just adopted the EU #Whistleblower Protection Directive, which will give legal guarantees and protect… 1 day ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 3 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 years ago
Tag Archives: ministry of justice
The Ministry of Justice has listed 43 unpublished data-sets that could be opened up for public use. It is part of a public consultation on the National Information Infrastructure (NII), a new initiative for improving government data. The government is … Continue reading
As anyone who has tried will know, it’s very hard to measure different types of civil litigation in England & Wales. I am primarily interested in defamation and privacy claims; some information can be obtained from the courts when you … Continue reading
Earlier this week I reported on how courts data is handled by HM Courts and Tribunals Service, with details of the contracts between the MoJ, Courtel and Bailii. When I was researching the issue in June I asked the Ministry … Continue reading