Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @sdp: Important news for the #journalism field in Germany - and in the UK too, given #CairncrossReview recommendation to the same effect… 8 hours ago
- RT @EmmaLBriant: When did @haveigotnews become the actual news? twitter.com/haveigotnews/s… 11 hours ago
- RT @FullFact: "Why would a self-respecting, serious political party masquerade as something else to get its campaign points across?"—Our Ch… 11 hours ago
- could this latest election twitter drama be any more relevant to tonight's #sussexsalon on elections, fake news, di… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @bendepear: As the home of the original @FactCheck in the UK we need to point out “factcheckUK” has nothing to do with @Channel4News it… 1 day ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 years ago
Category Archives: criminal law
The Ministry of Justice has listed 43 unpublished data-sets that could be opened up for public use. It is part of a public consultation on the National Information Infrastructure (NII), a new initiative for improving government data. The government is … Continue reading
There is little disagreement with the idea that there should be increased public access to legal proceedings, but how it should be done creates some debate. As I’ve written before, online publication of court records has developed in a piecemeal … Continue reading