Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @seethrujustice: Covid-19 and the courts – The House of Lords Constitution Committee’s report | The Transparency Project. New on the blo… 6 days ago
- RT @ShehabKhan: The govt commissioned report on race and ethnic disparities is published at 11.30am. The interviews with the chair of the… 2 weeks ago
- RT @EndCorruptionUK: As researchers who have constantly been told we can’t join a hearing or enter a court during the pandemic because we a… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Maggotlaw: Pleased to see our @seethrujustice submissions on open justice cited in HL Select Committee on the Constitution COVID-19 and… 2 weeks ago
- RT @seethrujustice: Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill – what does it mean for transparency? by @maggotlaw : transparencyproject.org.uk/police-crime-s…… 3 weeks ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 5 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 6 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 6 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 6 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 6 years ago
Tag Archives: round up
You can find recent law and media round ups at Inforrm’s blog: 10 June 2013 | Inforrm’s Blog 3 June 2013 | Inforrm’s Blog I would also highly recommend another round up on the media law scene, on law and … Continue reading
On 3 May 2013, journalists, lawyers, academics and campaigners marked World Press Freedom Day. Article 19 launched ‘The Right to Blog’ – a new policy paper “that calls for lawmakers to better promote and protect the rights of bloggers domestically … Continue reading
This week’s law and media round up at Inforrm’s Blog. I forgot to post the round up for 18 February which can be found here.