Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @bettermediauk: First point from the floor is from @willperrin arguing again for charitable status for public interest (or, better, bene… 1 week ago
- RT @seethrujustice: Is high quality journalism sustainable? Our evidence to the Cairncross Review [and links to some other submitted respon… 2 weeks ago
- a migration law clinic will be added from 2018/19 twitter.com/londonlegal/st… 1 month ago
- RT @BrightonSanct: Hoping you will join us for #sanctuaryinparliament on 12 November @CarolineLucas @peterkyle @lloyd_rm https://t.co/xpG85… 1 month ago
- RT @stevenjbarnett: Why charity law should be reformed to help fund public interest journalism, by me and @JTownend: https://t.co/cmO9mdLGR… 1 month ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 3 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 3 years ago
Tag Archives: bmj
Originally posted on Inforrm's Blog:
Parliamentarians are still in recess, Lord Justice Leveson has finished taking evidence for Part 1 of his Inquiry, the Michaelmas legal term has not yet begun, but there have been more than enough media…