Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to:
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Analysis by @CampaignFoI on explicit mentions of FoI in party manifestos bit.ly/1PXm6wW 2 days ago
- Ponsford @pressgazette on Tory idea for bus. rates relief for local press: unless ringfenced for journ,likely go to shareholders via profits 2 days ago
- overview of media-related proposals in manifestos by @Domponsford @pressgazette - regulation, ownership, RIPA bit.ly/1PXimvy 2 days ago
- RT @arusbridger: The court reporting notebooks of @iancobain are locked up inside MI5 offices.You couldn't make it up gu.com/p/47t6m/stw 2 days ago
- .@GreensladeR on Argus re-vamp & Cameron guest piece #brighton: bit.ly/1DOMQe8 2 days ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 4 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 4 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 4 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 5 months ago
Tag Archives: admin
I’m afraid I don’t have time to do this week’s round up, as I’m busy with academic research and writing about Lord Neuberger’s new report on super injunctions. A report of the press conference will be appearing on the Inforrm … Continue reading
There will be no round up of stories this week – back next week! In the meantime, follow @meejalaw and @medialawuk on Twitter for all the latest.
Morning all. I’ve decided to run the Media Law Mop Up mid-week rather than Mondays (most likely on Wednesdays or Thursday afternoons). In the meantime, here’s a phone hacking themed thought from the Guardian’s letter page this morning: “Although it’s … Continue reading
I’m trialling a Monday media law round-up. Please let me know what you think and if it’s useful. Keeping it simple for now… A lot to mop up on this bank holiday morning following the Xmas/NY break. The hot ML … Continue reading