Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @seethrujustice: Tickle’s Triumph – an independent journalist succeeds in her appeal to secure the right to report on a family case – an… 2 hours ago
- RT @SussCIGR: It's happening today 2pm AH106 - all welcome! Pls RT @SussexLaw twitter.com/SussCIGR/statu… 2 hours ago
- By @stevenjbarnett: Cairncross review: two cheers and two fears for the future of UK journalism bit.ly/2N37hgC via @ConversationUK 4 days ago
- RT @infolawcentre: We are looking forward to this discussion on citizen journalism at 'Mind the Gap: a blueprint for a new regulatory frame… 5 days ago
- may interest - @seethrujustice @UKOpenJustice @PenelopeGibbs2 @willperrin @sdp @georgeprof @stevenjbarnett… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 3 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 4 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 years ago
Tag Archives: bloggers
Announcement: Launch of new survey on the legal experiences and views of journalists and online publishers
A new survey for journalists and bloggers, which can be found at this link, aims to collect information about their experiences of and views on libel and privacy law A system of arbitration is at the heart of Lord Justice … Continue reading
The Leveson Inquiry’s focus was on the “press”, but a new system of media regulation implemented through a Royal Charter and the Crime and Courts Bill could have a much wider remit, depending on how a “small-scale” publisher is defined. … Continue reading