Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- explainer ahead of #PRPdecision by @EmmaMayAlex @LSEmediapolicy bit.ly/2eNCrqb 1 day ago
- Implication of #PRPdecision to be seen. Times reporting today that gov't disinclined to commence S40 on costs bit.ly/2eNBxtE 1 day ago
- RT @NUJofficial: #NUJ response to recognition of the regulator Impress - nuj.org.uk/news/nuj-respo… 1 day ago
- RT @lawbore: Incredible programme for @infolawcentre annual workshop on 9th Nov. Free thanks to @IALS_law & @BloomsburyLegal https://t.co/n… 1 day ago
- RT @plashmar: Media Show’s Steve Hewlett highlights his part in the MI5 vetting of BBC story in… paullashmar.com/2016/10/16/med… https://t.co/rE3Mc… 1 week ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 12 months ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 1 year ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 1 year ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: bloggers
Announcement: Launch of new survey on the legal experiences and views of journalists and online publishers
A new survey for journalists and bloggers, which can be found at this link, aims to collect information about their experiences of and views on libel and privacy law A system of arbitration is at the heart of Lord Justice … Continue reading
The Leveson Inquiry’s focus was on the “press”, but a new system of media regulation implemented through a Royal Charter and the Crime and Courts Bill could have a much wider remit, depending on how a “small-scale” publisher is defined. … Continue reading