Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Collaborative, important reporting on neglected topic: 'Who are the people who die in the Mediterranean?' gu.com/p/42dnp 1 day ago
- RT @bainesy1969: Why is Nick Clegg calling for data protection public interest protections for journalists when they already exist? http://… 2 days ago
- RT @yorkierosie: Zelo Street: Two Years For Trolling Was Not News zelo-street.blogspot.com/2014/10/two-ye… 2 days ago
- RT @JackofKent: Here is the Parliament website on the Bill: services.parliament.uk/bills/2014-15/… Yesterday's troll sentence "news" been in Bill since be… 2 days ago
- Top stories @mediaguardian (1,3-5) reminder why HL inquiry on women in news v. welcome @suzannehfranks @janemartinson http://t.co/njcHjG5SRJ 3 days ago
- RT @JournLaw: Symposia on Drones and the Media to be hosted by @GUCulturalResea, @Griffith_Uni November 3 & 4 wp.me/p1wPnn-jq #MLGri… 2 days ago
- RT @rydermc: Interview with President of the Supreme Court, Lord Neuberger, by editors from @ukscblogcom ukscblog.com/uksc-blog-inte… 1 month ago
- RT @UKSupremeCourt: Only 10 days left to see our exhibition on history of Judicial Ctte of the Privy Council, as featured by @ahrcpress htt… 1 month ago
- RT @mediaguardian: European court to investigate laws allowing GCHQ to snoop on journalists: bit.ly/1uEfclb 1 month ago
- David Banks, Guardian: Complaining to Ipso can lead you into a tangled web: bit.ly/1wmSQrs #medialaw 1 month ago
Category Archives: promotion
Event promotion IBC Legal Presents the 21st Annual Defamation & Privacy 2014 20th May 2014, London For full details and to register visit: http://www.ibclegal.com/FKW82452MJLB Agenda here: http://www.ibclegal.com/FKW82452MJLB Speakers include: • Andrew Caldecott QC, Head of Chambers, One Brick Court … Continue reading
Promotion Upcoming conference, 17th September 2013, Millennium Knightsbridge Hotel, London, UK The ultimate review of key developments in the field of media law, featuring analysis of the impact of recent cases, such as: Leveson, Axel Springer/ Von Hannover (No.2) and Spelman v Express Newspapers. … Continue reading
Promotion IBC Legal’s 20th Anniversary Defamation & Privacy Conference the future of press regulation in the wake of Leveson and the phone hacking scandal the Defamation bill; strengths, weaknesses and what to expect CPD accredited Speakers: Ian Hislop, Editor, Private … Continue reading
Meeja Law is pleased to be supporting JUSTICE’s upcoming defamation and freedom of expression event on 20 November 2012. JUSTICE, a law reform and human rights charitable organisation, will be exploring developments in libel, privacy and freedom of expression online … Continue reading