I’m just posting this to alert visitors / readers that this site is no longer regularly updated. I’m rather fond of the Meeja Law logo/banner by Drawnalism (even if it is an inappropriate use of a gavel; one might say the same for the fountain pen) and intend to keep the site up for now. Many, if not most, of the linked external sites are still in operation so I hope this site remains a useful resource. I still retain a keen interest in media law and journalism, but these days have shifted/widened my research to include information/communication law, policy and practice. You can follow me @jtownend on Twitter. Like the site, @meejalaw hasn’t been updated for a while. Thank you very much to all those who followed and contributed to this site in its more active days…
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @infolawcentre: PhD Studentship in Urban Law @IALS_law @SASNews @UoLondon in partnership UN Human Settlement Programme (UN-Habitat) http… 4 days ago
- RT @infolawcentre: line up incl. @vincecable @RizwaanSabir @nadyaali08 @anthonyglees, Eric Metcalfe @moncktonlaw, Ian Cram @law_leeds https… 6 days ago
- RT @infolawcentre: 1 day event on new Prevent duties on Unis in Counter-Terrorism & Security Act - 27 Oct @SASNews @IALS_law @UoLondon http… 6 days ago
- The “human cost” of our outdated court system via @PenelopeGibbs2 bit.ly/1Rk57UZ 1 week ago
- RT @MaryRachel_McC: Well worth reading this stunning piece of writing from @LucieBoase on @JusticeGap about her journey to Calais http://t.… 1 week ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 10 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 10 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 10 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 10 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 11 months ago