Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Isobel Williams’ work relevant to discussion at L. Mulcahy’s seminar @citycljj on photog ban bit.ly/1sIB5CZ @LSELaw @JudicialImages 4 hours ago
- Thank you @otium_catulle for thoughts on drawing from Supreme Court, her view from the public seats: bit.ly/1sIzrkB 5 hours ago
- RT @TheSmallPlaces: Some thoughts on #JusticeforNico (and #Cheshire) thesmallplaces.wordpress.com/2014/12/12/jus… 5 days ago
- ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: bit.ly/1vY2IYa 6 days ago
- RT @infolawcentre: Yest @richarddanbury wrote abt copyright & news biz. Updated w. news that Google News Spain closing due to new IP law ht… 6 days ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 6 days ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 1 week ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 1 week ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 3 weeks ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 1 month ago
Tag Archives: law commission
Amid concerns over proposed changes to the Contempt of Act 1981, through the Criminal Justice and Courts Bill, which would introduce new statutory powers for the removal of online material*, it seems worth highlighting some separate recommendations on contempt and … Continue reading
Here’s the link to this week’s law and media round up on Inforrm’s Blog: on the McAlpine libel cases, the much-anticipated Leveson Inquiry report (due out on Thursday 29 November) and much more …