Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @TimNewburn: The Inquiry into undercover cops is set to be the most important review of policing for years. Follow @DannyShawBBC & @BBCD… 2 hours ago
- RT @the_intercept: UK Police Confirm Ongoing Criminal Probe of Snowden Leak Journalists interc.pt/1LHhGbL by @rj_gallagher http://t.co… 2 days ago
- "...not allowed to clap like an ordinary person but you’re allowed to bray like a donkey?" Mhairi Black #Westminster gu.com/p/4bxm2 3 days ago
- Post by @philipvmurphy suggests Royal Family cld learn from MI5 by opening up archives: bit.ly/1g9crX6 cc. @IanCobain @robevansgdn 4 days ago
- RT @legalfutures: Breaking news: Bar lifts the lid on shocking sexism faced by female barristers ow.ly/PZBsu 5 days ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 7 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 7 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 7 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 8 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 8 months ago
Tag Archives: lord mcalpine
Here’s the link to this week’s law and media round up on Inforrm’s Blog: on the McAlpine libel cases, the much-anticipated Leveson Inquiry report (due out on Thursday 29 November) and much more …
There’s an excellent piece by Paul Lashmar, investigative journalist and lecturer at Brunel University, on openDemocracy this week, examining the role of – and implications for – investigative journalism in the recent ‘BBC debacle’. I was particularly interested in the … Continue reading
Law and Media Round Up – 19 November 2012: Lord McAlpine, Smith v Trafford Housing Trust, Google’s latest Transparency Report
Lots to report in this week’s round up: an apology and damages to Lord McAlpine from the BBC, the latest Transparency Report from Google, news that the Principal of St Mary’s University College in Twickenham has dropped its legal action … Continue reading