Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Well done @daviderdos et al for superb conference #dpnet15. mulling on right to index; cld institutional rights develop over time? @Jausl00s 1 day ago
- No need to ask Q on Google and transparency reports - @PaulbernalUK has it covered, though answer a little brief… ! #dpnet15 1 day ago
- stimulating, thoughtful presentations #dpnet15 - lots to discuss with colleagues @SASNews @ials_law cc. @lornamhughes @mpdavies @jfwinters 1 day ago
- Powles asks for more detail about requests / delisting decisions [my general plea re. comms/media-legal decision-making!] #dpnet15 1 day ago
- wld be great if William Malcolm's (senior privacy counsel at Google) talk made available as public resource - v interesting #dpnet15 1 day ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 3 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 3 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 3 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 4 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 4 months ago
Monthly Archives: August 2010
I’m currently doing a bit of reading around the openness of courts and legal data, and have really enjoyed Heather Brooke’s chapter on ‘Secret Justice’ in her second book (hat-tip: Jack of Kent for alerting me to her research on … Continue reading
I’ve spent a lot of today trawling through some very ugly legal web pages, as part of my RSS reader spring clean. The MoJ website, with various feeds and email alerts, is actually a breath of fresh air compared to … Continue reading
I am collecting information about UK-based independent online publishers/writers and their interaction with English media law. I’m particularly interested in the thoughts and experiences of hyperlocal news publishers. Continue reading