Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @turi: JOB: the amazing @openDemocracy is seeking a Publisher! opendemocracy.net/opendemocracy/… Pls RT 6 hours ago
- RT @CampaignFoI: Gr8 q by Judge Angel. Contractual disclosure clauses can only be enforced by the authority, not the requester #FOIten http… 7 hours ago
- RT @IanBrownOII: .@iconews: we don't have budget to provide a Rolls Royce service. Richard Thomas adds: Ford Focus #foiten @a19right2info a… 7 hours ago
- Newsletter from @AnnenbergCGCS announces that 'CGCS Director Monroe Price Joins Twitter': welcome @themonroeprice ! 7 hours ago
- Of course @bainesy1969 had blogged before we were out the door at tonight's anniversary FOIA event hosted by ICO informationrightsandwrongs.com/2014/11/26/doe… 7 hours ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 1 day ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 2 weeks ago
- RT @JournLaw: Symposia on Drones and the Media to be hosted by @GUCulturalResea, @Griffith_Uni November 3 & 4 wp.me/p1wPnn-jq #MLGri… 1 month ago
- RT @rydermc: Interview with President of the Supreme Court, Lord Neuberger, by editors from @ukscblogcom ukscblog.com/uksc-blog-inte… 2 months ago
- RT @UKSupremeCourt: Only 10 days left to see our exhibition on history of Judicial Ctte of the Privy Council, as featured by @ahrcpress htt… 2 months ago
Tag Archives: bbc newsnight
Stewart Purvis, professor of television journalism at City University London (formerly of ITN and Ofcom) has been carefully tracking the detail around ex-BBC director-general Mark Thompson’s legal interaction with the Sunday Times, following the newspaper’s questions about the BBC’s handling … Continue reading
Law and Media Round Up – 19 November 2012: Lord McAlpine, Smith v Trafford Housing Trust, Google’s latest Transparency Report
Lots to report in this week’s round up: an apology and damages to Lord McAlpine from the BBC, the latest Transparency Report from Google, news that the Principal of St Mary’s University College in Twickenham has dropped its legal action … Continue reading