Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @davidgauntlett: We are advertising PhD scholarships in the Faculty of Media, Art & Design, Univ of Westminster - deadline 17 January: h… 5 hours ago
- RT @MediaPlurality: 3rd in our Media Plurality Series with @LSEMediaPolicy: "European level inertia is not justified" by Petros Iosifidis h… 5 hours ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #indexawards2014 Just a few hours left. Make your nomination now bit.ly/19FYCE5 via @IndexCensorship 5 hours ago
- last RT via the excellent and open access @lseimpactblog 5 hours ago
- By @PJDunleavy 'Unless industry rethinks OA prices, unis cld soon be publishing peer reviewed work for themselves' bit.ly/1fcLUSN 5 hours ago
- LexisWeb>> [Family law] Make them mediate! Is there a case for compulsion?: bit.ly/1dgty1q #medialaw 8 hours ago
- RT @SkyFixerJim: Morning, it's day 28 of the #hackingtrial believe it or not. We're a little thinned-out in the press benches. Four defenda… 9 hours ago
- by @jheawood @guardian: 'Why the Impress Project wants to talk about press regulation' bit.ly/IUQVEf 1 day ago
- Event, LSE, 10 December: From Moral Panics to States of Denia - A celebration of the life and work o... bit.ly/1iMFT4h #medialaw 1 day ago
- Prospectus | The IMPRESS Project: bit.ly/1f9ETSF #medialaw 1 day ago
Tag Archives: bbc newsnight
Stewart Purvis, professor of television journalism at City University London (formerly of ITN and Ofcom) has been carefully tracking the detail around ex-BBC director-general Mark Thompson’s legal interaction with the Sunday Times, following the newspaper’s questions about the BBC’s handling … Continue reading
Law and Media Round Up – 19 November 2012: Lord McAlpine, Smith v Trafford Housing Trust, Google’s latest Transparency Report
Lots to report in this week’s round up: an apology and damages to Lord McAlpine from the BBC, the latest Transparency Report from Google, news that the Principal of St Mary’s University College in Twickenham has dropped its legal action … Continue reading