Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Inspiring MT @nearlylegal profile of remarkable Nicola Mackintosh, community care lawyer par excellence, now hon QC theguardian.com/society/2014/a… 13 hours ago
- RT @contentedmummy: Do you contribute to local news, blogs and other publications in #Brighton #Hove? Join the @btncommreporter group http:… 1 day ago
- My Q to panel: what's worth preserving about the lobby system ? #psa2014 1 day ago
- Helen Nugent v. interesting on pressures of job, writing numerous versions of story throughout day, minimising time to talk to ppl #psa2014 1 day ago
- Focus so far on changes to lobby and pol reporting culture with digital speed etc #psa2014 - Ivor Gaber, Helen Nugent and Arif Ansari 1 day ago
- LSE MPP: Sally Broughton-Micova: ICO Needs Input on Guidance for Media – Especially from “Citizen Bl... bit.ly/1eRJYNP #medialaw 3 hours ago
- Russia: A book too far | The Economist: econ.st/1taJkUX #medialaw 3 hours ago
- Index on Censorship, Padraig Reidy: Cambridge University Press is afraid of the Russians: bit.ly/1ix7AIE #medialaw 3 hours ago
- CNN: Phuketwan journalists to face court over Rohingya trafficking report: cnn.it/1taJj3r #medialaw 3 hours ago
- Guardian, Charlotte Higgins: What can the origins of the BBC tell us about its future?: bit.ly/1iPv0Jo #medialaw 7 hours ago
Tag Archives: bbc newsnight
Stewart Purvis, professor of television journalism at City University London (formerly of ITN and Ofcom) has been carefully tracking the detail around ex-BBC director-general Mark Thompson’s legal interaction with the Sunday Times, following the newspaper’s questions about the BBC’s handling … Continue reading
Law and Media Round Up – 19 November 2012: Lord McAlpine, Smith v Trafford Housing Trust, Google’s latest Transparency Report
Lots to report in this week’s round up: an apology and damages to Lord McAlpine from the BBC, the latest Transparency Report from Google, news that the Principal of St Mary’s University College in Twickenham has dropped its legal action … Continue reading