Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @infolawcentre: Upcoming seminar 8 March: Surveillance & Human Rights @HRC_News @ICwS_SAS @SASNews w. @Kirsty_Brimelow @silkiecarlo http… 3 days ago
- RT @infolawcentre: Upcoming seminar 16 March on Openness in Britain in 2016 @IALS_law @SASNews w. @benworthy1 @newsbrooke @CampaignFoI http… 3 days ago
- RT @NoraNiLoideain: Critique of Investigatory Powers Bill-overview by@rossjanderson with David Anderson, Lorna Woods, Ian Walden & ors: ht… 3 days ago
- excellent stuff from David Vincent #ipbillcrassh, drawing attention to the elasticity of national security interests #ipbill 1 week ago
- Vincent questions substance of National Security, Serious Crime & Economic Well-Being criteria: what do they mean? #ipbill #ipbillcrassh 1 week ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 3 months ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 1 year ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 1 year ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: bbc newsnight
Stewart Purvis, professor of television journalism at City University London (formerly of ITN and Ofcom) has been carefully tracking the detail around ex-BBC director-general Mark Thompson’s legal interaction with the Sunday Times, following the newspaper’s questions about the BBC’s handling … Continue reading
Law and Media Round Up – 19 November 2012: Lord McAlpine, Smith v Trafford Housing Trust, Google’s latest Transparency Report
Lots to report in this week’s round up: an apology and damages to Lord McAlpine from the BBC, the latest Transparency Report from Google, news that the Principal of St Mary’s University College in Twickenham has dropped its legal action … Continue reading