Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @MediaPlurality: journalism's charitable status addressed by @GreensladeR and @stevenjbarnett in BJR / Opportunity for hyperlocals? http… 30 minutes ago
- RT @carlgardner: The Court of Appeal's "Prince Charles letters" judgment: judiciary.gov.uk/Resources/JCO/… 1 hour ago
- RT @arusbridger: Guardian wins battle for public to have a right to see Prince Charles's advocacy letters to gov't ministers #pressfreedom 1 hour ago
- via @mattbuck_hack: some @drawnalism from #LawSocDebates on The State and Surveillance bit.ly/1nKlmwl 1 hour ago
- RT @newsbrooke: Enjoyed this article - Speaking proper: does it matter if we can't pronounce mispronunciation? - theguardian.com/science/2014/m… 4 hours ago
- RT @AGO_UK: If you missed the AG on @BBCRadio4 Law in action today talking about contempt of court, you can listen again here: http://t.co/… 30 minutes ago
- Guardian: Prince Charles letters: attorney general acted unlawfully, say senior judges | UK news | t... bit.ly/1nKHyX5 #medialaw 44 minutes ago
- Via @drawnalism: The State and Surveillance: bit.ly/O0BNb2 #medialaw 44 minutes ago
- David Higgerson blog>> FOI: The council which doesn’t want you to know the things it expects you to ... bit.ly/1ibGmdS #medialaw 4 hours ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: 11 of 17 charges against Barrett Brown - including those related to the posting of a hyperlink - have been dropped htt… 4 hours ago
Tag Archives: stewart purvis
What Leveson missed: 10th anniversary conference of the Institute of Communication Ethics – 25 October 2013
Last week journalist/lawyer David Allen Green asked how many of his Twitter followers had actually consulted the Leveson Inquiry report since its release. The instant response was fairly muted and confined to a handful of academics and campaigners. Whether or … Continue reading
Stewart Purvis, professor of television journalism at City University London (formerly of ITN and Ofcom) has been carefully tracking the detail around ex-BBC director-general Mark Thompson’s legal interaction with the Sunday Times, following the newspaper’s questions about the BBC’s handling … Continue reading