Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- good luck!MT @stjohnstreet: We'll be at @CitySpark1 marketplace fair Thurs 6pm showing off our idea.Come & support us bit.ly/1cnjnJO 18 hours ago
- RT @MediaPlurality: 1st in new series with @LSEmediapolicy: by @stevenjbarnett - Is Ofcom's 'share of references' scheme fit for measuring … 18 hours ago
- RT @BroughtonMicova: .@JTownend & I launched media plurality blog series bit.ly/1eOHlgA. We'd love contributions, esp. on local med… 18 hours ago
- post by @carlgardner reinforces argument for legal info at source for checking claims. allows analyses like this bit.ly/1cYDjRv 1 day ago
- RT @JackofKent: Outstanding post by @carlgardner on the "forced caesarean" case. A must-read. bit.ly/IsV4PN 1 day ago
- RT @robevansgdn: Plebgate row police officer to sue Andrew Mitchell for libel theguardian.com/politics/2013/… 1 day ago
- SubScribe: Glasgow helicopter crash and the night of the citizen journalist: bit.ly/1jc1gcS #medialaw 3 days ago
- MST: David Yelland’s Leveson Anniversary Lecture, 29th November 2013 – Full Text: bit.ly/1injR7Y #medialaw 5 days ago
- RT @peterjukes: Back at #hackingtrial - but will have to bunk off half an hour early for live interview with R4 media show at 4.30 with @st… 1 week ago
- RT @INFORRM: Andrew Mitchell MP libel case, costs budget sanctions appeal dismissed bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: helen boaden
Stewart Purvis, professor of television journalism at City University London (formerly of ITN and Ofcom) has been carefully tracking the detail around ex-BBC director-general Mark Thompson’s legal interaction with the Sunday Times, following the newspaper’s questions about the BBC’s handling … Continue reading