Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @infolawcentre: line up incl. @vincecable @RizwaanSabir @nadyaali08 @anthonyglees, Eric Metcalfe @moncktonlaw, Ian Cram @law_leeds https… 9 hours ago
- RT @infolawcentre: 1 day event on new Prevent duties on Unis in Counter-Terrorism & Security Act - 27 Oct @SASNews @IALS_law @UoLondon http… 9 hours ago
- The “human cost” of our outdated court system via @PenelopeGibbs2 bit.ly/1Rk57UZ 5 days ago
- RT @MaryRachel_McC: Well worth reading this stunning piece of writing from @LucieBoase on @JusticeGap about her journey to Calais http://t.… 5 days ago
- Oregon Community College Shooting: Resources for Journalists | Dart Center for Journalism & Trauma @DartCenter bit.ly/1L8o647 5 days ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 9 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 10 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 10 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 10 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 11 months ago
Tag Archives: helen boaden
Stewart Purvis, professor of television journalism at City University London (formerly of ITN and Ofcom) has been carefully tracking the detail around ex-BBC director-general Mark Thompson’s legal interaction with the Sunday Times, following the newspaper’s questions about the BBC’s handling … Continue reading