Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @MediaPlurality: Media Plurality Series: Fixed ownership limits proposed for transparency and accountability - Justin Schlosberg http://… 1 day ago
- good luck!MT @stjohnstreet: We'll be at @CitySpark1 marketplace fair Thurs 6pm showing off our idea.Come & support us bit.ly/1cnjnJO 3 days ago
- RT @MediaPlurality: 1st in new series with @LSEmediapolicy: by @stevenjbarnett - Is Ofcom's 'share of references' scheme fit for measuring … 3 days ago
- RT @BroughtonMicova: .@JTownend & I launched media plurality blog series bit.ly/1eOHlgA. We'd love contributions, esp. on local med… 3 days ago
- post by @carlgardner reinforces argument for legal info at source for checking claims. allows analyses like this bit.ly/1cYDjRv 3 days ago
- RT @robevansgdn: Plebgate row police officer to sue Andrew Mitchell for libel theguardian.com/politics/2013/… 4 days ago
- SubScribe: Glasgow helicopter crash and the night of the citizen journalist: bit.ly/1jc1gcS #medialaw 5 days ago
- MST: David Yelland’s Leveson Anniversary Lecture, 29th November 2013 – Full Text: bit.ly/1injR7Y #medialaw 1 week ago
- RT @peterjukes: Back at #hackingtrial - but will have to bunk off half an hour early for live interview with R4 media show at 4.30 with @st… 1 week ago
- RT @INFORRM: Andrew Mitchell MP libel case, costs budget sanctions appeal dismissed bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: ibc legal
Promotion Upcoming conference, 17th September 2013, Millennium Knightsbridge Hotel, London, UK The ultimate review of key developments in the field of media law, featuring analysis of the impact of recent cases, such as: Leveson, Axel Springer/ Von Hannover (No.2) and Spelman v Express Newspapers. … Continue reading
Promotion IBC Legal’s 20th Anniversary Defamation & Privacy Conference the future of press regulation in the wake of Leveson and the phone hacking scandal the Defamation bill; strengths, weaknesses and what to expect CPD accredited Speakers: Ian Hislop, Editor, Private … Continue reading
Meeja Law is supporting IBC Legal’s 18th annual Defamation & Privacy conference, which is coming up next week: 15th March 2011 Holiday Inn Bloomsbury, London It is, IBC says, for media lawyers “who need to be on top of recent developments … Continue reading