Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Desperately sad. Via @guardiannews: 100 children among migrants 'deliberately drowned' in Mediterranean gu.com/p/4xj48 5 days ago
- A petition to EU leaders to provide more safe & legal routes; to strengthen search & rescue ops in seas bit.ly/YNNZ4F @SOS_Europe 6 days ago
- via @SOS_Europe: Mediterranean migrant boat shipwrecks highlight need for EU action bit.ly/YNMWlr #Libya #SOSEurope 6 days ago
- RT @PaulbernalUK: Could the key to dissenting opinions in the House of Lords and Supreme Court be the location of the coffee pot? #slsnottm 1 week ago
- McEwan inspired by reading judgments MT @onradio4now: Open Book: Ian McEwan on his new novel The Children Act bit.ly/1wauD4u 2 weeks ago
- RT @rydermc: Interview with President of the Supreme Court, Lord Neuberger, by editors from @ukscblogcom ukscblog.com/uksc-blog-inte… 6 days ago
- RT @UKSupremeCourt: Only 10 days left to see our exhibition on history of Judicial Ctte of the Privy Council, as featured by @ahrcpress htt… 6 days ago
- RT @mediaguardian: European court to investigate laws allowing GCHQ to snoop on journalists: bit.ly/1uEfclb 6 days ago
- David Banks, Guardian: Complaining to Ipso can lead you into a tangled web: bit.ly/1wmSQrs #medialaw 1 week ago
- New book via @justicegap - The First Miscarriage of Justice: The ‘unreported and amazing’ Case of To... bit.ly/1xTS5b5 #medialaw 1 week ago
Tag Archives: ibc legal
Event promotion IBC Legal Presents the 21st Annual Defamation & Privacy 2014 20th May 2014, London For full details and to register visit: http://www.ibclegal.com/FKW82452MJLB Agenda here: http://www.ibclegal.com/FKW82452MJLB Speakers include: • Andrew Caldecott QC, Head of Chambers, One Brick Court … Continue reading
Promotion Upcoming conference, 17th September 2013, Millennium Knightsbridge Hotel, London, UK The ultimate review of key developments in the field of media law, featuring analysis of the impact of recent cases, such as: Leveson, Axel Springer/ Von Hannover (No.2) and Spelman v Express Newspapers. … Continue reading
Promotion IBC Legal’s 20th Anniversary Defamation & Privacy Conference the future of press regulation in the wake of Leveson and the phone hacking scandal the Defamation bill; strengths, weaknesses and what to expect CPD accredited Speakers: Ian Hislop, Editor, Private … Continue reading
Meeja Law is supporting IBC Legal’s 18th annual Defamation & Privacy conference, which is coming up next week: 15th March 2011 Holiday Inn Bloomsbury, London It is, IBC says, for media lawyers “who need to be on top of recent developments … Continue reading