Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @ladywell23: Committee to Protect Journalist’s 2014 Global Impunity Index on countries where journalists die & killers go free http://t… 9 hours ago
- RT @newsbrooke: Intetesting new course on "computational journalism" created by @egrommet at Cardiff Uni. bit.ly/1t5ik9z 15 hours ago
- speedy case comment via @SCRIPTCentre: The Data Retention Directive never existed - Judith Rauhofer and @macsithigh bit.ly/1r1OiQb 19 hours ago
- Inspiring MT @nearlylegal profile of remarkable Nicola Mackintosh, community care lawyer par excellence, now hon QC theguardian.com/society/2014/a… 1 day ago
- RT @contentedmummy: Do you contribute to local news, blogs and other publications in #Brighton #Hove? Join the @btncommreporter group http:… 2 days ago
- FT.com: Letter from the Editor: on.ft.com/1tedYwR #medialaw 13 hours ago
- Event, 20 May: "Inhuman Rights" - is The Sun right about the Human Rights?: bit.ly/1tedYwH #medialaw 13 hours ago
- RT @robertsharp59: RT @ChrisWimpress: FT says no to Leveson and Ipso "we have decided to plot our own course" bit.ly/1tdGvCM <- FYI… 15 hours ago
- DMLP: The Legal Needs of Emerging Online Media: The Online Media Legal Network after 500 Referrals: bit.ly/1hN9FnP #medialaw 18 hours ago
- SCRIPTed - Rauhofer / Mac Sithigh: The Data Retention Directive Never Existed: bit.ly/1laFztb #medialaw 19 hours ago
Tag Archives: ibc legal
Event promotion IBC Legal Presents the 21st Annual Defamation & Privacy 2014 20th May 2014, London For full details and to register visit: http://www.ibclegal.com/FKW82452MJLB Agenda here: http://www.ibclegal.com/FKW82452MJLB Speakers include: • Andrew Caldecott QC, Head of Chambers, One Brick Court … Continue reading
Promotion Upcoming conference, 17th September 2013, Millennium Knightsbridge Hotel, London, UK The ultimate review of key developments in the field of media law, featuring analysis of the impact of recent cases, such as: Leveson, Axel Springer/ Von Hannover (No.2) and Spelman v Express Newspapers. … Continue reading
Promotion IBC Legal’s 20th Anniversary Defamation & Privacy Conference the future of press regulation in the wake of Leveson and the phone hacking scandal the Defamation bill; strengths, weaknesses and what to expect CPD accredited Speakers: Ian Hislop, Editor, Private … Continue reading
Meeja Law is supporting IBC Legal’s 18th annual Defamation & Privacy conference, which is coming up next week: 15th March 2011 Holiday Inn Bloomsbury, London It is, IBC says, for media lawyers “who need to be on top of recent developments … Continue reading