Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @JamieJBartlett: .@terrorwatchdog - often critical of govt - has published his independent review of 'mass surveillance'/bulk powers htt… 1 week ago
- delicious honey from the rooftop @ials_law bees this year! only a few pots left at cafe lex yesterday bit.ly/2bzIAXf 1 week ago
- RT @infolawcentre: We have put together a few dates for your autumn term diary if you are interested in information law and policy: https:/… 1 week ago
- RT @rights_info: Huge news. Plans for a British Bill of Rights may be abandoned by the government rightsinfo.org/plans-scrap-hu… https://t.co/kOPH… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Maggotlaw: #IALL2016 conference diary, updated to include @JTownend talk on EU Data Protection in Oxford last week https://t.co/3MUN00q… 2 weeks ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 10 months ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 1 year ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 1 year ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 1 year ago
Tag Archives: index on censorship
The new issue of the Index on Censorship magazine proclaims ‘Privacy Is Dead! Long Live Privacy.’ It features Joshua Rozenberg’s interview with Mr Justice Eady. Parts of it echo Eady’s previous speeches (for example, when he opened City University London’s … Continue reading
A year has passed since Index on Censorship and English PEN published its Free Speech is Not for Sale report. Journalist and author Simon Singh, who successfully fought a libel action brought against him by the BCA (they dropped the … Continue reading