Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @DannyShawBBC: Apart from criminal trials, this is what a lot of court cases are like. It's highly technical and does not make for great… 6 hours ago
- RT @SOGICA1: Interesting briefing by Brighton City of Sanctuary on asylum policy issues to raise with MPs: cityofsanctuary.org/wp-content/upl… 23 hours ago
- RT @MurrayData: Council blasted over wanting to charge for website information - Chester Chronicle shr.gs/UMzOSJd #FoI #EiR 1 day ago
- RT @UKSCBlogcom: Article 50 hearing well underway at the Supreme Court. Follow our Live Blog here: ukscblog.com/live-blog-r-mi… #Article50 1 day ago
- RT @BBCDomC: Top Fact No 1 about the #scbrexit battle today: The total bundle of papers submitted by all sides comes to ... 24,000 PAGES 1 day ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 1 year ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 1 year ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 2 years ago
Tag Archives: index on censorship
The new issue of the Index on Censorship magazine proclaims ‘Privacy Is Dead! Long Live Privacy.’ It features Joshua Rozenberg’s interview with Mr Justice Eady. Parts of it echo Eady’s previous speeches (for example, when he opened City University London’s … Continue reading
A year has passed since Index on Censorship and English PEN published its Free Speech is Not for Sale report. Journalist and author Simon Singh, who successfully fought a libel action brought against him by the BCA (they dropped the … Continue reading