Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @johnlsheridan: On this day, 10 years ago, @UkNatArchives launched legislation.gov.uk. I think we made some good choices (URLs, API… 5 days ago
- weekend reading on remote justice: recommend @richardsusskind @hls_clp piece thepractice.law.harvard.edu/article/the-fu… alongside UK c… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- RT @NatalieByrom: “If this is indeed an experiment, we should be systematically and rigorously collecting data about ...users...and their e… 5 days ago
- RT @NatalieByrom: It's great to see @CommonsJustice call for better data collection to evaluate the impact of COVID-19. COVID-19 makes the… 6 days ago
- need to fully digest - good to see recognition of need for data & evaluation citing @NatalieByrom @The_LEF review f… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 5 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 5 years ago
Tag Archives: index on censorship
The new issue of the Index on Censorship magazine proclaims ‘Privacy Is Dead! Long Live Privacy.’ It features Joshua Rozenberg’s interview with Mr Justice Eady. Parts of it echo Eady’s previous speeches (for example, when he opened City University London’s … Continue reading
A year has passed since Index on Censorship and English PEN published its Free Speech is Not for Sale report. Journalist and author Simon Singh, who successfully fought a libel action brought against him by the BCA (they dropped the … Continue reading