Wifi / 3G permitting, I’ll be live-blogging and tweeting from tonight’s ‘Bloggers in the Dock’ event, hosted by the Online News Association UK and the Index on Censorship at the Free Word Centre. You can find details of the event at this link.
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @afuahirsch: Racism in the media. Yep. youtube.com/watch?v=ym17Gl… https://t.co/1sMKxNazDa 5 hours ago
- which means, in the example of the potential appeal case given in the @JusticeGap article, transcripts would cost o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- RT @NatalieByrom: Far too many fundamental changes to our justice system are made without recourse to proper evidence regarding their impac… 9 hours ago
- RT @EmmaMeese: Despite months of asking, I still don’t understand why @GOVUK has invested £35million in saving printed news publications, w… 3 days ago
- RT @reformthinktank: . @NatalieByrom says county and district courts not equipped for virtual hearings, yet we're 4 years into digital tran… 3 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 4 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 5 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 5 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 5 years ago