Lots to report in this week’s round up: an apology and damages to Lord McAlpine from the BBC, the latest Transparency Report from Google, news that the Principal of St Mary’s University College in Twickenham has dropped its legal action against a Catholic news website, and freedom of expression and belief issues in Smith v Trafford Housing Trust.
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @UKOpenJustice: We've raised #openjustice concerns abt online court plans. Concerning to hear from @JTownend of event at which #OpenJust… 2 hours ago
- RT @JoshuaRozenberg: Very fair review of my @GreshamCollege lecture this week (and the supporting paper) by @Maggotlaw. Video of the lectur… 1 day ago
- excellent report on @JoshuaRozenberg lecture - sorry to have missed it but this is very useful twitter.com/Maggotlaw/stat… 1 day ago
- lovely piece reflecting Lucy's hard work & commitment to refugee & migrant communities in our city @BrightonSanct… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- RT @SussexUniPress: Meet Lucy Bryson at @BrightonHoveCC. She helps #Brighton's refugee and migrant populations to feel safe and welcome htt… 1 day ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 2 years ago