A review of legal cases and legal developments over the legal year, from September 2012 (just before the beginning of the legal year proper) until the end of July 2013 can be found on the Inforrm blog. The Inforrm case tables have also been brought up to date: Media Law cases; Defamation cases; and Privacy cases.
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @infolawcentre: Great PhD Studentship opportunity - The Role of Social Media Images in Fake News (with @flygirltwo and @cward1e) https:/… 1 day ago
- RT @ShoaibMKhan: Following my complaint, the @Daily_Express has now published this correction. So, just about six major errors in the artic… 1 day ago
- RT @SussexUniPress: Sussex historian @Joanne_Paul_ will reveal in BBC programme how 'fake news' was alive and well over 400 years ago https… 1 day ago
- great tips/insights from my colleague Prof @alisonphipps on improving academic gender equality bit.ly/2nwYmK8 1 day ago
- RT @TechJust: We're extending the deadline for this CfP until 25 March. Come discuss your work in progress in small & collegial environmen… 2 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 2 years ago