A review of legal cases and legal developments over the legal year, from September 2012 (just before the beginning of the legal year proper) until the end of July 2013 can be found on the Inforrm blog. The Inforrm case tables have also been brought up to date: Media Law cases; Defamation cases; and Privacy cases.
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- This is good. Lustig suggests full pay transparency and a pay cap for *all* BBC journalists: "if it means you have… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- also includes a section on requesting removals for past / 'spent' information - shld interest @ChrisStacey… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago
- RT @ChrisTMarsden: Deeply moving speech by .@BaronessHollins on #Leveson2 and press abuse of privacy (inc. medical records) that led to gov… 4 days ago
- RT @rmw: With all the cuts to legal aid, how many more Paulette Wilsons are there out there, who won't be able to defend themselves against… 4 days ago
- RT @nickycain: Media to come under scrutiny in Manchester arena attack inquiry theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/j… 4 days ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 3 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 3 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 3 years ago