Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @robevansgdn: If you want to pass information/documents to @Guardian in confidence, here's how you can do it theguardian.com/help/2016/sep/… 7 hours ago
- RT @nickholmes: Paul Magrath @maggotlaw considers the efficacy of the ongoing developments in HMCTS' Reform program infolaw.co.uk/newsletter/201… 7 hours ago
- RT @PrivateEyeNews: Hell’s Bell Pottinger - a Public Relations special bit.ly/2jP579r 14 hours ago
- RT @thefabians: People should have a right to justice they can afford - final report of two-year Bach Commission proposes new #RightToJusti… 15 hours ago
- RT @AnnaMorrisGClaw: Affordable, enforceable right to justice for all. What #legalaid was set up to do. Key recommendations from #Bachcommi… 15 hours ago
- Press Gazette: Police force behind Newsnight laptop seizure reveals BBC did not contest Terrorism Ac... bit.ly/1kWINpV #medialaw 1 year ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 2 years ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 2 years ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 2 years ago
Tag Archives: bbc newsnight
Stewart Purvis, professor of television journalism at City University London (formerly of ITN and Ofcom) has been carefully tracking the detail around ex-BBC director-general Mark Thompson’s legal interaction with the Sunday Times, following the newspaper’s questions about the BBC’s handling … Continue reading
Law and Media Round Up – 19 November 2012: Lord McAlpine, Smith v Trafford Housing Trust, Google’s latest Transparency Report
Lots to report in this week’s round up: an apology and damages to Lord McAlpine from the BBC, the latest Transparency Report from Google, news that the Principal of St Mary’s University College in Twickenham has dropped its legal action … Continue reading