Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @contentedmummy: Do you contribute to local news, blogs and other publications in #Brighton #Hove? Join the @btncommreporter group http:… 11 hours ago
- My Q to panel: what's worth preserving about the lobby system ? #psa2014 12 hours ago
- Helen Nugent v. interesting on pressures of job, writing numerous versions of story throughout day, minimising time to talk to ppl #psa2014 12 hours ago
- Focus so far on changes to lobby and pol reporting culture with digital speed etc #psa2014 - Ivor Gaber, Helen Nugent and Arif Ansari 13 hours ago
- RT @PolStudiesAssoc: .@ivorgaber "the buzz" has gone from W'minster; fewer working hours mean hacks have only 2 days to really get in there… 13 hours ago
- RT @BBCCollege: Copyright law: think hard before using something without permission bbc.in/1aOjKZO 4 days ago
- The Press Freedom Issue / April 2014 / Contributoria - community funded, collaborative journalism: bit.ly/1sGGSW0 #medialaw 5 days ago
- Contributoria: Court and council reporting - still a bedrock of local news?: bit.ly/1sGGRBp #medialaw 5 days ago
- Here's a workable proposal for online recording of reporting restrictions but will it be implemented? bit.ly/1i5cgJd 5 days ago
- Press Gazette>> Law set to give Attorney General power to edit online news archives in the run-up to... bit.ly/OzuneL #medialaw 1 week ago
Tag Archives: media law round up
This week’s media law round up (for last week), with libel and privacy developments picking up pace, as we move into February… Full round up at this link…
The second media law round up of the year – at Inforrm’s Blog.
Defamation, regulation, and internet policy in this week’s media law round up, including judgments in Cairns v Modi and KC v MGN Ltd ( EWCA Civ 1382) [media summary here, PDF] and Ismail & Anor v News Group Newspapers Ltd … Continue reading
Originally posted on Inforrm's Blog:
The theme of privacy continued to dominate media law discussion last week, as a French court granted an injunction prohibiting further publication of the Duchess of Cambridge photographs in France. Press Gazette reported that…