Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @martin_eve: @JTownend hope you enjoy! I'll just add that the paperback is also very affordable and all my royalties go to Arthritis Res… 3 hours ago
- appropriately, this new book by @martin_eve @CambridgeUP 'Open Access and the Humanities’ actually is open access! bit.ly/1FAOXPH 3 hours ago
- glad to hear MR's comments on 'faster and greater quantities of accurate information’ & publishing judgments & sentencing remarks [par 75] 3 hours ago
- MR: With full remarks available, news stories, commentary & follow ups are in context of full facts bit.ly/1FAECU0 cc. @FullFact 3 hours ago
- But: ‘judges’ primary responsibility is judging, not public relations’  PDF: bit.ly/1FAECU0 4 hours ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 3 days ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 2 weeks ago
- RT @JournLaw: Symposia on Drones and the Media to be hosted by @GUCulturalResea, @Griffith_Uni November 3 & 4 wp.me/p1wPnn-jq #MLGri… 1 month ago
- RT @rydermc: Interview with President of the Supreme Court, Lord Neuberger, by editors from @ukscblogcom ukscblog.com/uksc-blog-inte… 2 months ago
- RT @UKSupremeCourt: Only 10 days left to see our exhibition on history of Judicial Ctte of the Privy Council, as featured by @ahrcpress htt… 2 months ago
Tag Archives: media law round up
This week’s media law round up (for last week), with libel and privacy developments picking up pace, as we move into February… Full round up at this link…
The second media law round up of the year – at Inforrm’s Blog.
Defamation, regulation, and internet policy in this week’s media law round up, including judgments in Cairns v Modi and KC v MGN Ltd ( EWCA Civ 1382) [media summary here, PDF] and Ismail & Anor v News Group Newspapers Ltd … Continue reading
Originally posted on Inforrm's Blog:
The theme of privacy continued to dominate media law discussion last week, as a French court granted an injunction prohibiting further publication of the Duchess of Cambridge photographs in France. Press Gazette reported that…