Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- Brighton ppl: @BrightonSanct event / project to welcome those seeking refuge, 17 Sep: eventbrite.co.uk/e/sanctuary-on… @BrightonIndy @CarolineLucas 2 days ago
- On a selective curriculum / One sure way for Britain to get ahead – stop airbrushing our colonial history | Dalrymple gu.com/p/4c38p 2 days ago
- Welcoming those seeking sanctuary #Brighton #Hove @BrightonSanct Music, food, workshop & AGM 17 Sep. register here: bit.ly/1NLxawK 1 week ago
- via @guardiannews: Migrants are humans too | Owen Jones bit.ly/1NLwE1Q @stop_child_det @BrightonSanct 1 week ago
- RT @DBanksy: Sorry to see the end of @contributoria, have enjoyed working with the team there legalling copy for past two years 1 week ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 8 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 9 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 9 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 9 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 9 months ago
Tag Archives: media law round up
This week’s media law round up (for last week), with libel and privacy developments picking up pace, as we move into February… Full round up at this link…
The second media law round up of the year – at Inforrm’s Blog.
Defamation, regulation, and internet policy in this week’s media law round up, including judgments in Cairns v Modi and KC v MGN Ltd ( EWCA Civ 1382) [media summary here, PDF] and Ismail & Anor v News Group Newspapers Ltd … Continue reading
Originally posted on Inforrm's Blog:
The theme of privacy continued to dominate media law discussion last week, as a French court granted an injunction prohibiting further publication of the Duchess of Cambridge photographs in France. Press Gazette reported that…