Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
- RT @willperrin: #opentech @johnlsheridan makes plea to consider legislation as a data system, more machine process able. the robots are amo… 21 hours ago
- Wishing all those at #opentech a great day - let me know if anything to do with law & crime comes up @ukodi @kcorrick 1 day ago
- playing around with caselaw feeds - need to test over next week but looks promising! see @ilegal: wp.me/p1cPxe-8g #digitalopenjustice 1 day ago
- If no time today, bookmark for the weekend? survey for journalists and bloggers on legal experiences & views svy.mk/YSAjnu 2 days ago
- just did an #ff and momentarily panicked it wasn't Friday 2 days ago
- Axegrinder, Press Gazette: Twitter UK boss ducks libel questions: No questions unless tweeted, pleas... bit.ly/10UOiJB #medialaw 2 days ago
- RT @JTownend: If no time today, bookmark for the weekend? survey for journalists and bloggers on legal experiences & views http://t.co/t7MQ… 2 days ago
- RT @eatplaylaw: Please, lawyers and non-lawyers, sign this epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/48628 justice like the NHS, you may not use it but good to have… 2 days ago
- Guardian, Greenslade>> 'Arrests anonymity' - is it really a denial of press freedom?: We equate pres... bit.ly/13rq3yE #medialaw 2 days ago
- RT @cityjournalism: Journalists, bloggers: @JTownend seeking your experiences and opinions on libel and privacy blogs.city.ac.uk/journalism/201… 2 days ago
Tag Archives: media law round up
This week’s media law round up (for last week), with libel and privacy developments picking up pace, as we move into February… Full round up at this link…
The second media law round up of the year – at Inforrm’s Blog.
Defamation, regulation, and internet policy in this week’s media law round up, including judgments in Cairns v Modi and KC v MGN Ltd ( EWCA Civ 1382) [media summary here, PDF] and Ismail & Anor v News Group Newspapers Ltd … Continue reading
Reblogged from Inforrm's Blog: The theme of privacy continued to dominate media law discussion last week, as a French court granted an injunction prohibiting further publication of the Duchess of Cambridge photographs in France. Press Gazette reported that the editor … Continue reading
Reblogged from Inforrm's Blog: The Inforrm Law & Media round up is back from a summer break, slightly ahead of the start of the new legal term. These regular weekly round ups contain summaries of relevant legal and parliamentary proceedings … Continue reading