Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @julie_doughty: looks interesting - new idea for independent regulator impressproject.org @JTownend @PaulbernalUK 2 hours ago
- RT @MediaPlurality: Media Plurality Series: Fixed ownership limits proposed for transparency and accountability - Justin Schlosberg http://… 2 days ago
- good luck!MT @stjohnstreet: We'll be at @CitySpark1 marketplace fair Thurs 6pm showing off our idea.Come & support us bit.ly/1cnjnJO 3 days ago
- RT @MediaPlurality: 1st in new series with @LSEmediapolicy: by @stevenjbarnett - Is Ofcom's 'share of references' scheme fit for measuring … 3 days ago
- RT @BroughtonMicova: .@JTownend & I launched media plurality blog series bit.ly/1eOHlgA. We'd love contributions, esp. on local med… 3 days ago
- by @jheawood @guardian: 'Why the Impress Project wants to talk about press regulation' bit.ly/IUQVEf 2 hours ago
- Event, LSE, 10 December: From Moral Panics to States of Denia - A celebration of the life and work o... bit.ly/1iMFT4h #medialaw 4 hours ago
- Prospectus | The IMPRESS Project: bit.ly/1f9ETSF #medialaw 4 hours ago
- The IMPRESS Project | For the press – for the public: Do you want independent press regulation with ... bit.ly/1f9EQ9u #medialaw 4 hours ago
- RT @robevansgdn: Plebgate row police officer to sue Andrew Mitchell for libel theguardian.com/politics/2013/… 4 days ago
Tag Archives: media law round up
This week’s media law round up (for last week), with libel and privacy developments picking up pace, as we move into February… Full round up at this link…
The second media law round up of the year – at Inforrm’s Blog.
Defamation, regulation, and internet policy in this week’s media law round up, including judgments in Cairns v Modi and KC v MGN Ltd ( EWCA Civ 1382) [media summary here, PDF] and Ismail & Anor v News Group Newspapers Ltd … Continue reading
Reblogged from Inforrm's Blog: The theme of privacy continued to dominate media law discussion last week, as a French court granted an injunction prohibiting further publication of the Duchess of Cambridge photographs in France. Press Gazette reported that the editor … Continue reading
Reblogged from Inforrm's Blog: The Inforrm Law & Media round up is back from a summer break, slightly ahead of the start of the new legal term. These regular weekly round ups contain summaries of relevant legal and parliamentary proceedings … Continue reading