The Inforrm Law & Media round up is back from a summer break, slightly ahead of the start of the new legal term. These regular weekly round ups contain summaries of relevant legal and parliamentary proceedings and media content, as well as listings for the week ahead. They are compiled from various legal and news sources, but additional suggestions and content is always welcomed, particularly in relation to defamation, privacy, contempt of court and media regulation, although other media and communication legal topics will be included.
Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
- reading tweets on mediation from @LifeInCustody who appears to be at a conference with an improbable hashtag 1 day ago
- RT @frabcus: Blog post by me: How an App lets you do just one thing easily, whereas a Tool liberates you to do whatever you need http://t.c… 1 day ago
- RT @JoshuaRozenberg: BBC's Law in Action to cover legal aid next month. Currently looking for people affected by recent changes. Contact: h… 1 day ago
- RT @LondonNewsman: Currently at a meeting of the Criminal Law Solicitors' Association, where they couldn't be more vehemently damning the l… 1 day ago
- RT @Familoo: More views on #legalaid - haven't seen a single article in support of proposals! m.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/… 2 days ago
- RT @INFORRM: Table of Media Law Cases, new addition wp.me/PMDHB-Do McAlpine v Bercow (No.2), Lord McA succeeds, tweet bears defamat… 3 hours ago
- BBC News>> Have civil legal aid cuts changed your life?: bbc.in/14Gtp3Q #medialaw 4 hours ago
- RT @JackofKent: High Court has also held that #Bercow tweet had that defamatory meaning both in its natural and, alternatively, 'innuendo' … 4 hours ago
- RT @JackofKent: Next tweet will be result of High Court preliminary ruling on whether #Bercow tweet was defamatory at law of #McAlpine. 4 hours ago
- Pro bono spotlight: Heather Rogers | Media Legal Defence Initiative: We “talk the talk” about freedo... bit.ly/13LroRd #medialaw 1 day ago