Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend)
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- RT @davidgauntlett: PhD scholarships offered for talented researchers in media, art & design at @UniWestminster: westminster.ac.uk/courses/resear… Dea… 2 days ago
- Great line up for 'FoI 10 Years On’ 4 Feb @cityjournalism w. @newsbrooke @GreensladeR @rosenbaum6 @tomfelle @ICOnews bit.ly/15x0NPO 2 days ago
- will be mentioning upcoming #infolaw events @infolawcentre blog later: please @, DM or email details of anything you’d like included, cheers 3 days ago
- RT @dsbennett: Citing our research, @CrowdControlHQ asks whether the military should build its own social media platforms. http://t.co/ZTkT… 5 days ago
- 140 chs? I'm CHILLED (chilled? ed.) Yes! Detrimental deterrence of legit defendable speech (enough, ed.) #censored #moretosay #ShareMyThesis 5 days ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 1 month ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 1 month ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 1 month ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 2 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 2 months ago
Tag Archives: cairns v modi
Defamation, regulation, and internet policy in this week’s media law round up, including judgments in Cairns v Modi and KC v MGN Ltd ( EWCA Civ 1382) [media summary here, PDF] and Ismail & Anor v News Group Newspapers Ltd … Continue reading
This week’s round up, previously posted on the Inforrm blog, features Frankie Boyle’s successful libel case, the BBC fallout out following further allegations about Jimmy Savile and media regulation debated in the House of Lords. Additionally, since the round up … Continue reading