Media law & ethics for online publishers, collected and written by Judith Townend (@jtownend). Please note that this site is no longer regularly updated.
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. This site does not contain legal advice. This site is not responsible for the content of external sites. Enquiries should be made to: jt.townend [at] gmail.com.
Subscribe by email!
Research: Media lawyers, journalists and bloggersPlease get in touch with your views and experiences of libel and privacy law in England and Wales.
- By @mckinneytweets @FullFact Cracking up: efficiency in the criminal courts bit.ly/1Iuap9P cc. @PenelopeGibbs2 1 hour ago
- can't make @gikii @hiig_berlin in late sept & will be v. envious of all those there! Today's deadline for abstracts twitter.com/gikii/status/6… 6 hours ago
- I've been doing some housekeeping & remembered my old blog @meejalaw. Little post with a farewell, of sorts: bit.ly/1JzXRTA 7 hours ago
- Third attempt at writing out website name without shortening! It's Familycourtinfo (.org.uk) twitter.com/JTownend/statu… 7 hours ago
- bit.ly/1fNZmkZ: basic info about family courts for Bristol, Weston, Gloucester and Bath (via @Familoo) twitter.com/JTownend/statu… 7 hours ago
- RT @JTownend: ...contacted by @igavels about inappropriate use of gavel in @meejalaw logo … there’s a Tumblr of course: http://t.co/o3EERPG… 7 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS: Guidance on cases involving Communications sent via Social Media: bit.ly/1zgEoBh #medialaw 7 months ago
- [Scotland] COPFS release: Crown Office sets out social media prosecution policy: bit.ly/1zEniLY #medialaw 7 months ago
- RT @infolawcentre: New post: An open and linkable Leveson report… inspiration for legal and policy documents? bit.ly/1xWxXEC cc @ro… 8 months ago
- RT @IndexCensorship: #PressRegulation in the #UK? Share your thoughts with @impressproject today 3-4pm GMT http://t.co/iwi8jFEpf6 8 months ago
Tag Archives: cairns v modi
Defamation, regulation, and internet policy in this week’s media law round up, including judgments in Cairns v Modi and KC v MGN Ltd ( EWCA Civ 1382) [media summary here, PDF] and Ismail & Anor v News Group Newspapers Ltd … Continue reading
This week’s round up, previously posted on the Inforrm blog, features Frankie Boyle’s successful libel case, the BBC fallout out following further allegations about Jimmy Savile and media regulation debated in the House of Lords. Additionally, since the round up … Continue reading